X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dadn5kids
    • Dec 2007

Deleted.

Deleted.
    Last edited by Dadn5kids; 26 December 2007, 20:18 Wednesday.
  • ---k---
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2005

Well, there is much more than the Kits. In the Mission Accomplished section, there are several designs that have been built by many people and receive very good acclaim. Some have been compared to some good commercial speakers and done very well or better. Any of these are recommended. All you have to do is follow the recipe in the thread. Other websites have some great designs also, such as zaphaudio.com.

Kits should be discussed with the kit seller and not really here. See the rules.

First thing you need to tell us your budget. If you like big, sealed 3-ways, then I would highly recommend my Khanspires. They sound fantastic! Will work well with your subs, as that s how they were designed. If you're in Chicagoland, you're welcome to come by for a listen (which is why you should put your general location in your profile).

The Statements are another big 3-way, but use a ribbon and are ported, but they sound good also.
    - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
    CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
    CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

This is an incredibility broad set of questions. And the fundamental answer is we choose speakers the same way you chose your Butler amp. We try drivers until we find ones we like.

Some of us have been doing the DIY speaker thing for a very long time (40+yrs in my case). This mean we've been exposed to many, many drivers.

You cringe at the thought of experimenting with different drivers, but post a long list of assembled speakers you've owned. DIY is a similar process. If you don't want to engage in that process buy more Snell XA1900s..

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"