X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Dougie085
    Thats what Russ White and Brian Donegan told me to use (they are the creators of the DAC) so I'm not sure. They said 10k would be to high. Something about distortion.
    10k ohm isn't too high and won't affect distortion. The input capacitance and input bias currents are too small. But the op-amp Russ is using can easily drive a 600 ohm load with low distortion, so it doesn't matter. I just had to say that. :W
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah I don't know. I pulled the metronome out of the system and the noise almost goes away completely. I'm not sure why. It's just an ASRC reclocking module. Next I'll try a single DAC with the metronome and see how that works. Something has got to be causing the noise and I can't believe its because I'm running single ended off a balanced output because it wasn't making the noise before I got the second DAC module and the ASRC module.

Comment

• Johnloudb
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2007

Yeah I don't know. I pulled the metronome out of the system and the noise almost goes away completely. I'm not sure why. It's just an ASRC reclocking module. Next I'll try a single DAC with the metronome and see how that works. Something has got to be causing the noise and I can't believe its because I'm running single ended off a balanced output because it wasn't making the noise before I got the second DAC module and the ASRC module.
        That might do it. Unless there's a problem with the second DAC module. But, you pulled the metronome out, huh. So, sounds like an ASRC module problem, I guess.
        John unk:

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Well no because the sound is still there without the ASRC. I tried it just now with a single DAC and the ASRC and I still have issues. Maybe its because I don't have a chassis ground or something? But there is no ground that I would connect to the chassis. It's in a project box from radio shack so no way to add a chassis ground.

Comment

• Johnloudb
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2007

Most DACs have an analog filter at output to filter HF noise. But it shouldn't be easily audible. Don't think it's a chassis grounding issue. I don't know your setup, so it hard for me to suggest a solution.
            John unk:

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Well here are a couple pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010164.webp
Views:	28
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	947363

Name:	P1010165.webp
Views:	30
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	947364

Name:	P1010166.webp
Views:	34
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	947365

2 boards on the bottom are the DAC boards the second is the metronome and top one is the USB module. They are different now being that all boards are stacked on top of each other but it didn't make a difference in the sound. I think I should try and hook up the MAC mini and see if maybe its an issue with my computer? But then I'd have to move it and stuff and I haven't felt up to that yet lol.
              Last edited by theSven; 10 August 2023, 22:17 Thursday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• Johnloudb
                Super Senior Member
                • May 2007

Looks good. I think hooking up the MAC mini is good idea. could be a power supply issue too. Russ might have other ideas.
                John unk:

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

They stopped giving me idea's Brian was going to send me a bunch of resistors. I think I'm just going to get the Ballsie and be done with it.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2007

They stopped giving me idea's Brian was going to send me a bunch of resistors. I think I'm just going to get the Ballsie and be done with it.
                    Sorry to hear that. At least try the Mac Mini.
                    John unk:

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Yeah...just a pain to unhook it and move it.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"