• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capslock
    • Dec 2004

Jan's got a Black Friday sale on Allocator

Computers, Web and Technology

Arbitrator $25, Allocator $45, Allocator Lite $20

Works well on XP, and there's even a Winamp plugin now.

Anybody doing Vista with Allocator yet?
  • goskers
    • Jun 2004

Has anyone actually used this software?

As a former owner of a DEQX this definitely intrigues me. If it functions as stated then 45 bucks is a pretty good deal.

What measurement tools must you use?

Thanks for any info.

Comment

• capslock
      • Dec 2004

I used to use it on my XP setup. About any FR file of the indiviudal drivers in the box should work. ARTA is probably the easiest to use, but you'll probably have to buy it to save FR files.

If you just want to use the time correction (Arbitrator or Arbitrator portion of Allocator full), all you need to know is the XO points and target functions used.

Comment

• AJINFLA
        • Mar 2005

Thanks Eric, just bought the Allocator. Nice Price
        Use to use? What do you use now? You're not turning into a Luddite like Jon and going back to passive are you? :W

cheers,

AJ
        Manufacturer

Comment

• Mazeroth
          • Nov 2004

I'm short on time right now to research this due to the holiday and people visiting and want to make the purchase tonight to get the good deal. So basically the Frequency Allocator is The Phase Arbitrator + The Allocator Light, right? Is it an all-in-one package or does it include both programs separately?

Also, any recommended ASIO soundcards?

Sorry if you guys don't know this! :B

EDIT: Just bought Allocator for $45. I won't have a use for it for a few months but I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks for the heads up, capslock. :T
          Last edited by Mazeroth; 23 November 2007, 23:28 Friday.

Comment

• AJINFLA
            • Mar 2005

Mazeroth,

Check the Thuneau User forums for compatible cards. I have a ESI 1010 stashed away that should work. We'll see.

cheers,

AJ
            Manufacturer

Comment

• Mazeroth
              • Nov 2004

Bumping this up to see if anyone else has experience with any of these programs and how they're working out for you? I've yet to even touch them.

Comment

• here.now
                • Jun 2008

I'm really interested in a program like this, but to be honest I am a little intimidated. I've never used a program like this before, could someone recommend a good newbie program or a good resource for XO design?
                My Stack Rack Build

Comment

• Digisan
                  • Apr 2005

I have been using Allocator/Arbitrator for about a year now. Allocator is a great program! Very intuitive, easy to setup and runs like a champ. I use it on my main stereo system with a home theater PC that I built. I also use it to simulate passive crossovers. I generate a target with LEAP Crossover Shop, import the target Allocator, tune the crossover parameters to match and it is pretty much dead on. From start to finish it may only take an hour to take measurements, generate a target and implement it in Allocator. Great program!
                  Fear the penguin!

Comment

• Mazeroth
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Digisan
                    I use it on my main stereo system with a home theater PC that I built.
                    Can you give some details on your setup? Also, which sound card are you using?

Comment

• Mazeroth
                      • Nov 2004

Bumping this up to let you all know that I've been talking with Jan about sound cards etc. and am purchasing an Asus Xonar D2X tomorrow, which is the card he uses and highly recommends:

The plan was to use two DCX2496s for my 4-way dipoles and have my computer as a source with all my music ripped with no compression. Well, I got to thinking, if I'm going to have a computer hooked up to the DCX2496s why not just handle the crossover from the computer? If all goes well I can eliminate the DCX2496s and keep things much simpler, since the Xonar will give me 8 channels of output.

I'll keep you all posted as to how this turns out. The 4-way dipoles won't built for at least a few months but I'll still be testing this setup on some other speakers.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"