This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin Haskins
    • Jan 2005

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I've updated all the Tempest-X & Shiva-X parameters with the latest production measurements. These are as accurate as it gets based upon a sampling of the production run. I have good correlation unit to unit so the build tolerance is tight.

I've also updated both the Shiva-X & Tempest-X application notes. It includes some simulations in "recommended" boxes.

I'm very pleased with how the parameters came out. They give a range of box sizes for the Shiva from 56L-140L (sealed smaller, ported larger) and they work in usable sealed boxes for car audio use.

Shiva-X

The Tempest looks good in 100L-340L enclosures (sealed smaller, ported larger) so there is a good range of enclosure sizes and choices among the two models. Both work great in IBs but the Tempest-X makes more sense in that application due the hgiher Vd.

Tempest-X

Comment

• Dave Bullet
      • Jul 2007

Kevin,

It's great to see the Shiva and Tempest line survive. I was quite sad to see the end of Adire. My Shiva MkIII is still going strong. Its good to see with the new drivers, that when the MkIII foam surround finally goes (I doubt I will easily be able to get a decent sized long throw surround to replace it with), the new Shiva-X should be a drop in replacement.

Great job!
      David.

Comment

• Ludvig
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dave Bullet
        Kevin,
        ...when the MkIII foam surround finally goes (I doubt I will easily be able to get a decent sized long throw surround to replace it with), the new Shiva-X should be a drop in replacement.

Great job!
        David.
        I think that will be a long wait. I have run and still run my dual Shiva MKI daily for both music an HT since 1999, and there is no visible or audible degradation whatsoever... Super quality so to say! :T

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"