X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingpin
    • Jun 2006

Quick question on M-Audio mobile

Is this external soundcard good for everyday use if I am playing music from my computer to my ht. I am picking up a new cpu so I figured I amy as well pick up this as I can try and figure out how to do measurements eventually.

Also what is the model# of the one I am looking for.
    And does it work with Vista.

I guess I can search that.

TIA
    Mike
    Call me "MIKE"
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
    CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
    CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
    Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs
  • Jack Gilvey
    • Aug 2001

Is this external soundcard good for everyday use if I am playing music from my computer to my ht.
    Sure, a definite upgrade from the stock soundcard in my old T30. And even works well with the old USB 1.0 ports on the board, even when phantom-powering a mic.
    No mention I saw of Vista, not sure about that.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
      • May 2006

Originally posted by kingpin
      Is this external soundcard good for everyday use if I am playing music from my computer to my ht. I am picking up a new cpu so I figured I amy as well pick up this as I can try and figure out how to do measurements eventually.

Also what is the model# of the one I am looking for.
      And does it work with Vista.

I guess I can search that.

TIA
      Mike
      I have the M-Audio MobilePre and I would not recommend using it for ht music. For an outboard sound card for like a laptop, this would be great. The mobile pre only has stereo output via the really small headphone connectors or 1/4" outputs (the same as mic inputs). I believe the main reason to go with the mobilePre is for phantom power to measurement mics.

I would suggest something like the creative line of soundcards. From what I hear, the X-fi are incredible in audio processing.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

But their drivers are horrible . There is a card comming from umm.... who is it. I'll look it up but it uses the X-Fi processor but they use their own drivers that are 1000 times better. Let me look up what it is and post a link.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Of course Newegg doesn't have it in stock right now...go figure but its a great card from what I hear.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Was just reading through the features again and it has a swapable Opamp socket. Thats pretty awesome.

Of course if its a laptop and you need external then you'll probably have to go with a creative solution.

Comment

• Inu_Yasha
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
              Of course Newegg doesn't have it in stock right now...go figure but its a great card from what I hear.

http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_prelude.php
              I've read about that card before as well. I would love to get my hands on one to try it out. Definately get something with X-fi though if you are looking. I"m sure there are other (better) cards out there though, ask at avs.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

Well the X-FI Prelude is not out yet I suppose. But one of the reasons its so great is that the onboard processor is very powerful as far as sound cards go.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"