X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raptor550
    • May 2007

Curious of how to put two rs255's to work

I have two Dayton rs225's collecting dust right now. I am quite happy with my nats and I do not have an income to tackle a 3-way or a m8ta but I want to use these things for something because they are just so RAD!

I was searching for projects that use groups of these as subwoofers. I realize they would not have earth shaking x-max but could these guys in tandem make a sub that would add worthwhile body to my Nat P'S? B&W and sunfire seem to use smaller drivers effectively for subwoofers.

If it matters, I listen to music way more than I watch movies.
    Check out my cabinet designs. *Updated 6/16/07*

See my finished Dayton/Seas Project
  • Gir
    • Dec 2006

They make for some good extension in a 2-way, but using them as dedicated subs probably wouldn't be all that amazing. I've got a pair of Mark K's RS225/RS28A MT (sealed), and they have pretty good extension for music. As for a sub complimenting your Nat P's, I wouldn't expect much extra oomph.

Mark K's design isn't exactly cheap, but that's always an option I suppose. I really love the sound of them. I haven't had them in a fair comparison, but I personally prefer Marks design over the Modula MT. Then again I'm also biased since the Modula's are my roomate's and not mine 8O
    -Tyler

Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

If you have the space, perhaps a transmission line sub could fill in from the low 30s, maybe high 20s up to 100 hz or higher. It'd really take the excursion out of your Nat P's at high playback levels if you have an active crossover, and I think you'd find quite a lot of satisfying output from them- especially for the cost.

You'd sacrifice box size and max SPL, but you'd be able to cross over to the mains just about as high as you like without excess distortion from the sub.
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

• Raptor550
        • May 2007

maby a transmission sub would make a good project when i am not moveing around so much, but with all the wood directing that air I wouldn't want to move it :P. Maby I can convince some friend to have me build them the Mark K's and I could put profits into a RSHF :-D

have the 225's been used in any center channels?
        Check out my cabinet designs. *Updated 6/16/07*

See my finished Dayton/Seas Project

Comment

• Brian Bunge
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2001

Yep, the 225's have been used in the Dennis Murphy designed TMWW and WTMW center that's posted in the Missions Accomplished section. Chris (cjd) also worked up a crossover design using those drivers to mate with my big RS 3-ways.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"