X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingpin
    • Jun 2006

SS 18" available today. Info inside

Our newest product - the RL-p18 - joins the ranks of two of the most affordable, versatile, low-
    distortion, high-excursion woofers in our Premium Series line of low-frequency transducers. Known
    for their flexibility in accommodating a variety of home and car audio applications in sealed, vented,
    and infinite baffle alignments, the RL-p18 steps up with its massive displacement advantage, linear
    output, and absolutely stellar value.

Featuring a triple-stacked 215 ounce magnet structure, vented six-spoke cast aluminum basket, 3 inch
    voicecoil, aluminum shorting ring, dual 8.5" spiders with woven leadwires to eliminate tinsel-slap while
    allowing for long linear throw capability, a new tall-roll NBR rubber surround to increase effective cone
    area while accommodating high excursions, and our signature rigid black anodized spun aluminum cone,
    including laser etched logo and complimentary rubber gasket and magnet boot - this is one heck of a
    massive driver which retains its practicality comin' at ya for well under $400!

T/S Parameters for the RL-p18 Dual 4 Ohm
    (Dual 2 to be released at a later date - approximately 8 weeks)
    Qts - 0.493
    Qes - 0.554
    Qms - 4.500
    Fs - 21.5 Hz
    Re - 6.26 Ohm
    Le - 4.341 mH
    Vas - 276 L
    Mms - 373g
    Cms - 137.7 um/N
    BL - 24.25 T*m
    Sd - 0.1188 m^2
    Xmax - 27.4 mm
    Sensitivity - 89.25 dB @ 1W

Listing public at an incredibly solid $359 for a single RL-p18!
    Snag two or more and pocket cash at an incredible $325 per unit!

As with our RL-p15, this big brother 18 will excel in both car and home audio applications.

Sealed alignments should range from 4 cu ft to infinity (with a Q ~ 0.5, infinite baffle for the win!).
    The optimal sealed box for car audio use should hover around 7.2 cu ft net volume.

Lending itself in strong style to the vented alignment, consider 4 - 7 cu ft net volume in the car audio
    environment, with a tuning frequency near 27 - 30 Hz. For those of you in the home, try not to break
    any windows when pluggin' this bad boy into a 13 cu ft net volume enclosure @ 18 Hz.

Need to feel it deeper in the gut? Think size matters? For those who seek the cleanest, lowest of lows,
    where your brain won't hear it all but your bones will sure feel it.. snap up those single Hertz signals by
    strappin' this bulldog into an IB and brace yourself for something fierce!

Power recommendations:
    Sealed: Recommended 900 watts RMS (500 - 1200 watts RMS acceptable).
    Vented: Recommended 800 watts RMS (400 - 1000 watts RMS acceptable).
    Infinite Baffle / Dipole: Recommended 350 watts RMS (250 - 500 watts RMS acceptable).
    Call me "MIKE"
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
    CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
    CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
    Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs
  • Mazeroth
    • Nov 2004

The optimal sealed box for car audio use should hover around 7.2 cu ft net volume.

8O

Comment

• cjd
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Dec 2004

I'm just not sure I can fit 18's realistically, as I *do* need to be able to squeeze behind them in the space they're placed (the water main turn-off and meter is back there, among other thigns). Might have to go 4 15's instead. But 4 18's sounds fun...

whee

C
      diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• ---k---
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2005

Looks like a winner to me. Not a huge jump in price and nearly double the air movement. Good deal. I wish these would have been out a year ago.
        - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
        CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
        CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Scott Simonian
          • Nov 2004

Funny....driving home after dropping my friend off...I can't stop thinking about the SS R-lp18....and how awesome it would have been for "---k---" had he waited another year...seriously.
          My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• mayala
            • Mar 2006

I read that they are having an intro special of $299+ shipping.

Comment

• Jerm357
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ---k---
              Looks like a winner to me. Not a huge jump in price and nearly double the air movement. Good deal. I wish these would have been out a year ago.
              Me too, but a years a long time to wait with out no bass. Im very happy I went with my RL-P 15

Comment

• ---k---
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jerm357
                Me too, but a years a long time to wait with out no bass. Im very happy I went with my RL-P 15
                Oh, for sure. I'm not regretting my purchase at all. I've had a lot of fun with mine the past year or so. And, with the output I'm getting right now, I'm not sure if I need twin 18's (please forgive me for saying that). But, they sure would be fun - maybe go back to twin 18" sealed.

Has anyone modeled it yet to see how big a ported and sealed needs to be?

Thomas, any comments? You got us all started on the RL-p15, is there anythign differnt about the 18's that we're not seeing? All I looked at the Xmax and price.
                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• Scott Simonian
                  • Nov 2004

For LLT purposes...it gets pretty big. Pretty much spot on to SteveC's Ava18 tube. Im talking 500-700 liters per woofer, tuned low.
                  My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"