OEM Bose cube beater or cure for the MTM blues?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJINFLA
    • Mar 2005

OEM Bose cube beater or cure for the MTM blues?

Looks like something that could be used to create a true Bose cube sized design if you (or more like your wife) had such an inkling.
    More useful IMHO would be used as a T in a MTM LCR with a low xo, preferably below 1k to avoid some of the off axis chaos I abhor in the typical design, especially centers.

A few others http://www.tymphany.com/products_Peerless.html

The question of course is whether they become available to DIY like some of the other former OEMs like the TG9's.
    Hope I'm not redundant posting this, but here are the LAT's as well.

cheers,

AJ
    Manufacturer
  • Dennis H
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2002

Hmmm, a 1.5" dome with a 2" frame. No way it's a fullrange driver but it might be a pretty good mid-tweet.

Comment

• joecarrow
      • Apr 2005

Yes, it might be an interesting alternative to the 2" tweeter used in the Linkwitz Pluto. If it's like that tweeter and the Hi-Vi B1S that Zaph recently tested, then it will be fairly sensitive to the enclosure. I'd expect a stuffed terminated tube to be a good thing to try- but we'll need to get some aluminum plate.
      -Joe Carrow

Comment

• PMazz
        • May 2001

used as a T in a MTM LCR
        Look at the sensitivity! It'd be the first time you'd have to pad down the midwoofs in an MTM.

Pete
        Birth of a Media Center

Comment

• AJINFLA
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dennis H
          Hmmm, a 1.5" dome with a 2" frame. No way it's a fullrange driver but it might be a pretty good mid-tweet.
          Shame on you Dennis. Don't you recognize what that is? It's a twiddler .

Originally posted by PMazz
          Look at the sensitivity! It'd be the first time you'd have to pad down the midwoofs in an MTM.

Pete
          True Pete, but I figure most of those small speakers (like the Bose Buster thread) are going to be low sensitivity with the smaller woofers and diffraction losses from the small baffles. Maybe flank it with a pair of NS4's crossed @ 800hz.
          That's just me thinking out loud if I were forced at gunpoint to do an "MTM"

cheers,

AJ
          Manufacturer

Comment

• jdybnis
            • Dec 2004

The classic bose formula is a pair of drivers on each side, against a wall or in a corner. I think these drivers could pull off 150Hz under those conditions. Max SPL would be in the upper 90's but that is all HTIB systems do. The "Acoustimass" cubes are actually big enough for 3" drivers.
            -Josh

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"