Good news for HTGuide, and Mission Possible Faithful!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Good news for HTGuide, and Mission Possible Faithful!

Parts Express is back on board as an advertiser with us. So, run, don't walk to their isles and grab all those good DIY parts you need, but click the banner at the top to do so please so they know you came from our site.

We thank you for supporting Parts Express again as an advertiser of HTGuide.

Thanks and good holidays to you,
    The Admins
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Sweet! I just got their catalog recently, guess now I can order some goodies by clicking the banner! :B

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Cool, Lex, glad to hear this! You'd think they'd figure this out given all the projects here using PE drivers and crossover parts.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Cool, glad they've seen the light..... :T

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• cjd
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JonMarsh
          Cool, Lex, glad to hear this! You'd think they'd figure this out given all the projects here using PE drivers and crossover parts.
          No kidding!

Now, if they could start giving discounts to the folks that contribute designs a lot...

C
          diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Hank
            Super Senior Member
            • Jul 2002

High time they noticed the source of a lot of their business volume for the RS drivers. And :agree: to the HTGuide member discount! Time for a write-in campaign! :dothewave:

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

That's up to you guys, it's taken me this long just to get them back on board, lol. Actually, it's partly all you guys that helped get them back on board. They recognized the activity both here and around the forum, and wanted to be part of it again. Can you blame them?

Thanks guys.
              Doug

Comment

• ---k---
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Nov 2005

Thats great. I need to place a small order. Will click on the link. Just a shame they won't give us like 10% off. But, of course if they did, everyone would be getting it - we all know Jon, Thomas, Chris, Brian, Dennis, and crew are the source of all their speaker related sales.
                Last edited by ---k---; 01 December 2006, 10:31 Friday.
                - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
                CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
                CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• chasw98
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Lex:
                  If it matters....... A year ago I had never spent a dime with PE. As of today, I believe I have probably put over $1,000.00 in their pockets. It is because of HTguide that they got the money. But they also have excellent service. There you have it, an HTguide customer testimonial! Now to work on Madisound!

Chuck

Comment

• ssabripo
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chasw98
                    Lex:
                    If it matters....... A year ago I had never spent a dime with PE. As of today, I believe I have probably put over $1,000.00 in their pockets. It is because of HTguide that they got the money. But they also have excellent service. There you have it, an HTguide customer testimonial! Now to work on Madisound!

Chuck
                    hell, make that two of us......and counting....

just spent another $120 last nite on crap for the two towers :rofl: ops: 8O
                    My simple HT setup
                    4π using LMS, anyone?

Comment

• Brian Bunge
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Nov 2001

Lex,

I have a dealer account so have never worried about clicking through on anyone's links. If I can still get my dealer pricing by clicking through the link here I'll be more than happy to do so. Wish I'd known about this a few days ago. I just placed a $1500 order.

EDIT: I just tried clicking through and was still able to log into my account. I'll make sure I do this for future orders.

Comment

• cjd
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Brian Bunge
                        Lex,

I have a dealer account so have never worried about clicking through on anyone's links. If I can still get my dealer pricing by clicking through the link here I'll be more than happy to do so. Wish I'd known about this a few days ago. I just placed a $1500 order.

EDIT: I just tried clicking through and was still able to log into my account. I'll make sure I do this for future orders.
                        ooh, whatcha building?

C
                        diVine Sound - my DIY speaker designs at diVine Audio

Comment

• Hank
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Jul 2002

I've got about 3 or 4 stacks of PE packing lists, and I don't want to total them up. The thousands would make me realize what I don't want to face (you can't make money buliding speakers to sell in low volume). No, I will NOT add them up. I won't. No. Not me. Not now. Not ever. :loser:

Comment

• Lex
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Apr 2001

Thanks guys, Brian included, lol. I had no idea about the commercial link, but I'll also try that myself since I have a commercial account as well.

It all adds up I think to their balance of decision making. They do have the log in page dedicated to HTG, so they know the clicks, they know the action after click, I presume...

Hopefully with our help, they will rethink leaving us again to soon. I hope.

Nice they gave us another chance though, really helpful for the board's future.

Doug
                            Doug

Comment

• dynamowhum
                              • Aug 2006

Excellent news Lex. I echo Chas in the fact I would not have spent my $700 since August at PE if I had not come here to build speakers. I will spend another $300 soon and then more next year. Once again due to this site. I know my small purchases are just that small, but they have chosen to sell to us small guys so we are part of their market base. Thanks Lex and all of you who have made this site possible and keep it running. The monies spent have been well worth it. Cheers

Comment

• Brian Bunge
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2001

Originally posted by cjd
                                ooh, whatcha building?

C
                                Chris,

I'm building a pair of quad Dayton RS15 HO cabinets for a couple of guys (also building one for myself). So right now I've got 8 drivers, an EP2500 and various other parts on the way. I'll build my cabinet at the same time as the other two but won't order my drivers until after the first of the year.

Comment

• JimS
                                  • Dec 2005

Good work Lex :T

you can add my quad of RS315HFs and RS28As & assorted crossover parts in the past year to the insidious effect of this forum as well . . . :B

Comment

• EdL
                                    • Apr 2005

...add my Modula mtm TL's as well...and the crossover parts came from Springboro...
                                    Ed

Comment

• kingpin
                                      • Jun 2006

First project and about $1500 canadian.
                                      Edit. Make that around $2000
                                      Thanks Htguide.(in my sarcastic voice)

Mike
                                      Last edited by kingpin; 03 December 2006, 23:00 Sunday.
                                      Call me "MIKE"
                                      "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
                                      "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
                                      CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
                                      CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
                                      "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
                                      Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs

Comment

• ---k---
                                        Ultra Senior Member
                                        • Nov 2005

Just a bit of a bump.

I clicked through the other day and put my order in for 100' of 12ga Dayton Speaker Wire. Should be here any day.
                                        - Ryan

Comment

• Hank
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Jul 2002

I've spent another few hundred in the last few weeks. Today, I received two of the RS28 tweeters that are on sale, plus my first measurement mic, the Behringer ECM8000. The RTA software was on backorder, but I just received notice that it's now in stock. PE, don't try to stock every conceivable part that could possibly be related to Audio. Inventory is a liability, not an asset, as it is still situated in the antiquated accounting standards. Whew, did I say that? Was I temporarily possessed?

Comment

• Evil Twin
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2004

I'm still fighting a dark impulse to acquire a Nuera vacuum state integrated amplifier- though it would glow in the dark, it yet appeals to the dark side in me...
                                            DFAL
                                            Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• joecarrow
                                              • Apr 2005

I just clicked through last night, and spent $315.

I ordered a pair of 0.25 cu ft enclosures for surrounds, a single 0.38 cu ft enclosure for a center channel, two Aurasound bass shakers, a BASH 300 watt sub amp to power the bass shakers, and two each of the front and rear mound Dayton 3/4" neo tweeters.

Between the free shipping and the sale on finished cabinets, Parts Express must be selling a LOT right now!
                                              -Joe Carrow

Comment

• kingpin
                                                • Jun 2006

Wow.
                                                I would like to personally give Parts Express props(kudos) for their customer service.
                                                I bought 4 Dayton RS12"HF subs back in August of last year at the beginning of my project.
                                                Unfortunately after hooking them up it sounds like 1 of them is rubbing somewhere(metal to metal). After talking to tech support Friday and being told to play them over the weekend to see if the sounds is still there, which it is today I called back today.
                                                Eric at tech support is shipping me another one immediately. Basically no questions asked.

Thanks again PE. It has been a pleasure doing business with you.

Mike T.
                                                Call me "MIKE"
                                                "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
                                                "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
                                                CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
                                                CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
                                                "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
                                                Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs

Comment

• ---k---
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Nov 2005

Thumbs up

Just wanted to give PE a little bit of a thumbs up. I recently ordered Speaker Building 201 and Loudspeaker Cookbook. I was a bad boy, and initially ordered from Amazon. With the free shipping, Amazon was a few bucks cheaper. Well, after not receiving the books, I looked online. It said they weren't even going to ship for another two weeks. (So about three total.) Doh!

On Saturday I canceled the order and ordered from PE. They had them in stock, processed and I already received notification that they've shipped and will be here in a couple of days. I should of done it the right way fromt he start. Now, because I was cheap, I won't have the books for a couple of upcoming flights.

Don't be like me. Support PE so that the books and stuff we want will be in stock.
                                                  - Ryan

Comment

Working...
                                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                  Search Result for "|||"