• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingpin
    • Jun 2006

What A Big Problem...

I received my order from PE today.

Canada Customs though can kiss my .....

The total value of all 3 boxes is $868.95.
    The total taxes should be $121.66(14% + $5 handling fee)= $126.66
    Fine, no problem, glad to pay the taxes.
    These idiots charged me $126.66 per box. :wtf:
    So I had to pay almost $400 to get my stuff out from the Post Office.

So tomorrow I have to call them and start a request for refund paperwork to get $275.00 back. There goes the long weekend. :M :M :M

And something that I am wondering about is if they are allowed to charge taxes on the shipping that is included in what I paid PE. Shouldn't tanxes only be applied to the product.

BTW 2 of the boxes arrived in excellent condition. The smaller box was I was expecting to see everything busted and broken up inside. It must of been packed by a "noob". The box was twice the size of the products inside(2 rs28, 1 rs180, 1 rs270) and there was no stuffing or anything inside the box to take up the slack. The tweeters were stacked on top of the rs180, which was then stacked on top of the rs270. The box for the 270 was smushed and 1 of the tweeter boxes was open with the tweeter still inside. Not what I think was an admirable job of packing. Nothing seems to be damaged though.

Anyways enough of the rant.

Mike

Edit by moderator for language..
    Last edited by ThomasW; 30 August 2006, 22:44 Wednesday.
    Call me "MIKE"
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" :B:B -WWMTMSS- :B:B
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" is now the :B:B "mini-me's" :B:B
    CLICK HERE TO SEE PROJECT OVERKILL
    CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL MY BUILD PICS
    "PROJECT OVERKILL" IS GOING UNDER THE KNIFE. :B :B "mini-me's :B :B !!
    Dual sealed 18" Mach-5 ixl 18.4 subs
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If you have a digital camera take a pic of the improperly packed box and email it to PE.

Sometimes PE uses air packs instead of peanuts. When they get to me 1/2 have burst from the change in altitude.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• peterS
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

someone could make a living being a drop shipper for PE orders to prevent these problems

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've never received anything damaged from PE. And I've been buying from them for a long time....

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dyazdani
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
          I've never received anything damaged from PE. And I've been buying from them for a long time....
          My last big order came in a box where one whole side opened up. Amazingly, nothing was missing or damaged. Most things have been packed very nicely and shipping is lighting fast.
          Danish

Comment

• kingpin
            • Jun 2006

My apologies for the language in my initial thread. I hope I did not offend anybody.

Here are a few pics.

No packing peanuts or stuffing in the box.

Images not available
            Last edited by theSven; 05 July 2023, 20:34 Wednesday. Reason: Remove broken image links
            Call me "MIKE"

Comment

• Martyn
              • Feb 2006

Mike, I had an order arrive a week or so ago. The taxes were levied on the declared value of the goods only, i.e. excluding shipping. Canada Customs converted to C$ before calculating the taxes. At least there was no duty. Don't forget that GST is now 6%.

Comment

• kingpin
                • Jun 2006

Thats what is bugging me also.
                The fact that I was charged taxes on the whole amount I paid PE which included the shipping.
                The value of the goods is only 690.00 cdn so the taxes should also be less.
                I hate being taken advantage of.

Mike
                Call me "MIKE"

Comment

• Martyn
                  • Feb 2006

Probably just an honest mistake, but an obvious one. So just be polite and it'll probably be rectified more quickly. It's a pain, but c'est la vie.

Comment

• kingpin
                    • Jun 2006

I don't mean to come off as a cheapskate or a complainer, 'cause I am actually an extremely laid back guy. I will be polite with the customs people today as this is the way I was brought up.

Funny thing is. A Canada Post delivery driver was at work today and I told him of the overcharging. He says to me. He thinks it happens a lot more than people think. On his regular parcel deliveries he says at least 60 -70% of the people are constantly applying for refunds with the customs office for being over-charged.

Oh well. That's the way the cookies crumbles.
                    Call me "MIKE"

Comment

• ct991
                      • Jul 2006

This just happened to me as well. I received an order from PE in 2 boxes. One box was identified correctly by customs (correct value, shipping not included), but the other box (which only contained a roll of band-it melamine - $25 USD) was assessed by customs as $472 worth of goods. I told them I'm not paying tax on that, so the post office had to send the box back to customs to re-assess. That was 3 weeks ago...still nothing.

How much does it take for customs to get it right??

Comment

• ct991
                        • Jul 2006

I phoned them and they're telling me it will take 6-8 weeks to re-assess the duty on the package. The efficiency of the government offices astonishing.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"