does anyone have plans for AA avalanch 15"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

does anyone have plans for AA avalanch 15"?

ive been sitting on the AA ava15 since the closeout pricing... wondering if there are any plans floating around or prefered voliume and tuning for HT use
  • SteveCallas
    • Aug 2005

I'd shoot for ~300 effective liters with a 6" diameter port that is between 27-30" long, fed with ~600 watts.

Comment

• peterS
      Super Senior Member
      • Dec 2005

:E huge

Comment

• SteveCallas
        • Aug 2005

Gotta do what it takes :T A large and low tuned ported enclosure has numerous benefits when paired with a quality driver. wackii just built this same sub last week:

Hi all, I've just purchased an ava 15 used. I'm planning to build a sonotube for it. I need some pointers from the experts here. Below is the AVA 15 t/s. Fs 15.7 Hz Qms 3.5 Qes .334 Qts .305 Vas 300.6 L Re 3.2 ohms Znom* 4 ohms Xmax 27 mm Sd 749 cm2 Mms 269 g Vd 4.04 L Pnom 800 watts Le 2.4 mH Cutout 14
        Last edited by theSven; 17 August 2023, 17:05 Thursday. Reason: Update htguide url

Comment

• wackii
          • Jan 2006

Peter, check out my thread as Steve mentioned below. It's a 300L sonotube with 6"dia and 28" long port powered by QSC RMX850 (830W 4ohms bridged). I've just completed the measurements. Bass are incredible. I say...GO FOR IT... You won't be disappointed. It's huge like you said. I kinda like it big ( like to intimidate my friends). Good luck.

Al,

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"