X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark Seaton
    • Aug 2001

Originally posted by DarrenE
    If that is true why do pro audio guys wire speakers in combinations of series and parallel to achieve a desired load/output? Chaining speakers would seem to be counterproductive.

Can anybody else confirm this. Nothing personal Dennis but I take everything I read on forums with a shovel full of salt. ops: It's usually safer that way.
    Darren,

Dennis's deferment to Ohm's law was all he could do himself other than waiting for someone else confirm. For the record, Dennis is right, and you have your details confused. There are some things which are better left to the thousands of internet pages which already cover it, rather than trying to explain it all from scratch in a post. If you interpreted Dennis's post as hostile, you need some much thicker skin to hang on these forums. It tends to be the rare case when anyone poses a question or confirmation of what they've "heard" that someone doesn't jump in to point out the errors in a statement or it's generalizations. Realize that a large majority of audio folklore is formed on incorrect assumptions, so don't be surprised when you see "classis wisdom" questioned or corrected. :roll:
    Mark Seaton
    "Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood..." - Daniel H. Burnham

Comment

• DarrenE
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mark Seaton
      It tends to be the rare case when anyone poses a question or confirmation of what they've "heard" that someone doesn't jump in to point out the errors in a statement or it's generalizations. Realize that a large majority of audio folklore is formed on incorrect assumptions, so don't be surprised when you see "classis wisdom" questioned or corrected. :roll:
      You just agreed with me that it is wise to not take the first persons opinion. I'll agree that I went off half-cocked in taking offense but I'm not the only person who needs the thicker skin. I was trying to learn and was blown off. I bet I am in the majority in the people reading this thread that don't understand absolutely everything about this subject. Blowoff answers just discourage people from posting. You end up with a forum with a couple active members talking to each other and a bunch of lurkers afraid to post because they are afraid to get torched if they don't know everything and have the audacity to question "classic wisdom."

IMO if someone doesn't have the time or patience to answer a question they should just not answer. There's no need to belittle someone. I'm just the stubborn one who actually called someone on it instead of doing what most people do and just leave the site and never come back. Hopefully I haven't burned bridges here at HTguide because a lot of people have helped me out. I'm sorry that I didn't use a nicer tone but I'm not sorry that I stood up for myself.
      Darren

Comment

• SteveCallas
        • Aug 2005

Blowoff answers just discourage people from posting. You end up with a forum with a couple active members talking to each other and a bunch of lurkers afraid to post because they are afraid to get torched if they don't know everything and have the audacity to question "classic wisdom."
        That's clearly not the case at this forum, your scenario is a slippery slope at best. I think you've overreacted a bit to the situation - I'd brush it off and move on.

The topic was comparing the SS RLp15 to the TC 2000 15, correct?

Comment

• ThomasW
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Let's stay on topic or Mr Moderator will use his magic powers.... 8O

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• DarrenE
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SteveCallas
            I'd brush it off and move on.
            Advice taken.
            Darren

Comment

• noah katz
              • Dec 2005

"Noah, you're making it too complicated."

Oops, I was skimming, sorry.
              ------------------------------
              Noah

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"