X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dawg1161
    • May 2006

want to build dayton dvc385-88 15" dvc sub. P.E # 295-190

Hello to all, as you can tell another newbie asking the same old questions. hopefully you can be of some help. i have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now and i have got the diy fever. my only diy exp. is taking speakers from one box and making my own....well on to my post. i want to purchase the mentioned sub and build a passive sub out of it. i have bassbox pro 6 but not getting the results that i like on box size. would like a basic cube sealed. if this project works out i would like to move on to a mtm tower using dayton speakers. well again any suggestions on box demensions would be great.
    thanks to all
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

I don't have any software on this computer, maybe someone else will get around to it before I get home.

As far as your MTM tower, there are a couple of designs here that should meet your needs well - based on RS drivers.
    Danish

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

have bassbox pro 6 but not getting the results that i like on box size. would like a basic cube sealed.
      That driver has a pretty high Vas, so it's not going to model well in a small cube.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ThomasW
        That driver has a pretty high Vas, so it's not going to model well in a small cube.
        Yep, for a Q of 0.5, I get that it takes roughly an 11 cubic foot box. Yikes.
        Danish

Comment

• Scott Simonian
          • Nov 2004

Is that the Q he was shooting for?

I modeled one in about 110 liters for a .7Qtc. Walls lined, minimal leakage.
          My Sound Splinter 18's each in 25cuft boxes w/ EP2500

Comment

• dyazdani
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Scott Simonian
            Is that the Q he was shooting for?

I modeled one in about 110 liters for a .7Qtc. Walls lined, minimal leakage.
            Not specified, and yes, a reasonable volume can be had with a higher Q box.
            Danish

Comment

• dawg1161
              • May 2006

thank you all for responding, i have been playing with bass box pro 6 and using a sealed cube design with normal fill i get a qtc of .9 and a box with 4.9 cft. does this sound right or am i way off...someone else made a box the size of a end table and this would appeal to me?. I do have an old madisound 12"dvc dual 4 ohm that i could use i could post the numbers saturday as it is stored away.

Comment

• ThomasW
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

There's something wrong with your model. The original Adire Tempest has very similar T/S parameters to the DVC 15.

You can pretty much copy any of the designs in the link below.

Most of the time people don't want a "Q" higher than 0.707

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• dawaro
                  • Feb 2005

I have mine in a 3.5 ft3 sealed enclosure and it works well for music but is only marginal for HT. When time allows I plan on building a 7.5 ft3 ported cabinet.
                  I am not Dawaro the muslim state in Ethiopia...Just DAvid WAyne ROberts

Comment

• dawg1161
                    • May 2006

thanks dawaro, i would mainly want to use mine as ht...like 80%-20%...i guess i'll start with 8 cubic foot box and work my way down. i like the sealed sound better than ported....my subs now are carver 5.1 10" powered in the bedroom and downstairs i have a madisound 12 in a 2 cubic ft box that i had built (ouch in this forum) its sealed and sounds great but i want a 15.......for my movies

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"