X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AJINFLA
    • Mar 2005

Infinity MRS (rectangular) driver

Reviving the "square" driver technology from the 80's (I think I recall some Sony models) using some of their old technology ( remember the EMIT, EMIM) with a new twist. Interesting that at least they are trying something a little different. Perhaps the driver technology experts here can analyse this a bit further. With those huge coils I imagine thermal power handling it a non-issue. Suspension would definately be the limiting factor here.
    Of course, how good it performs (sounds) is really all that matters.
    White paper:

Cheers,

AJ

Manufacturer
  • westrock
    • Sep 2005

A rectangle just doesn't work for me on a standard piston driver. The surround has to do weird things at the corners (no corners on a circle). And how is the magnet and voice coil shaped? Are they rectangle too? Is the load spread evenly? These are the concerns I have. I don't have any problems with oval speakers, like a 6x9 or something, but the hard edges of a rectangle seem bad in my mind.

Comment

• AJINFLA
      • Mar 2005

No time to read the white paper there West?
      It shows the shape of the vc in a pic.

Cheers,

AJ
      Manufacturer

Comment

• poneal

Ouch :E

:E Slam dunk. :E

Comment

• GrahamT
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by AJINFLA
          No time to read the white paper there West?
          It shows the shape of the vc in a pic.

Cheers,

AJ
          I get "page not found"

Comment

• AJINFLA
            • Mar 2005

Hmm, you're correct, although it worked before. Try a cut & paste with this and see what happens.

Cheers,

AJ
            Manufacturer

Comment

• Dave_H
              • Dec 2005

It is amazing how they "discover" new transducer technologies and techniques. I believe Sansui had a speaker that utilized the same configuration in the 80's. The drivers were available separately for a while and I built a pair of speakers using them. Like all "Holy Grail" drivers they were OK and maybe could have been very good if I had the time and inclination to fine tune them. A similar DIY driver was also published in Speaker Builder or Audio Amatuer years ago.

Dave_H

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"