Are you ready to rub the rib?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002
    • 919

    #1

    Are you ready to rub the rib?

    Hi people just continuing the food fest to great entertaining and appealing HT grub.

    The ribs can be done in advance and if need be (Though not entirely supported by myself) can be kept frozen until bar-b-que time.

    Recipe for 3 racks of side or back ribs

    Combine

    2 tablespoons of seasoning salt
    1 tablespoon of Thyme rubbed
    1 tablespoon of Oregano
    1 tablespoon of garlic (Fresh crushed) or 2 tablespoons powder
    1/2 tablespoon blackpepper

    You'll also need: -
    Half liter of ketchup (Or even better BBQ sauce) and half liter of Honey garlic sauce.

    Combine these ingrediants and rub it generously over the ribs. place ribs in an oven pan. Let stand for minimum 1 hour, maximum 1 day in fridge.

    When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
    Take ribs out of cooler and pour the BBQ sauce and the honeygarlic over the ribs. Pour water into the pan (Not over the ribs) until the ribs are just about covered. Cover with Aluminium foil and place in oven for approx 45 min.

    To check if cooked use the tip of a knife and poke the meat. The knive should slide in and out without hesitation.

    When done remove meat from liquid. At this point if you are ready to BBQ you may do so. If they are for appetizers, cut them one bone each or to your desired sizes, remember, the meat is already cooked so just "Marking" them on the Barby and applying your favourite sauce is all that's required. If not, cut them in half, wrap in saran and freeze* or place in the cooler**.

    These ribs can be done a head of time.

    * Shelf life 1 month
    ** Shelf life 3-4 days

    I Entertain!!




    CLIVE




    HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
    CLIVE




    HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
  • David Meek
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 8934

    #2
    Clive,

    I can tell that associating with you is going to be hard on my waistline!

    This one sounds yummy, too. Plus, I'm always on the lookout for new rib recipes. Thanks, senor! :T




    David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

    .

    David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

    Comment

    • John Holmes
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2000
      • 2707

      #3
      UC, that sounds like some eating! Thanks for taking the time to post it.




      "I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

      Comment

      • Bam!
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2004
        • 2458

        #4
        Clive!

        You rule buddy...I can`t wait to start smoking my ribs on the barb with hickory wood chips, dry rub and a mop Ararararahhhh!

        I am in Weber withdrawl!

        hey buddy I had to revive this one and also I am trying to e mail you for that show in Montreal but have not had any success :cry:

        Hope this one sparks your attention...and I wish you lived closer fine lad!




        Bam!
        Got a nice rack to show me ?

        Comment

        • David Meek
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Aug 2000
          • 8934

          #5
          Steve, I'll have to dig up Clive's recipe for meatballs - it's fantastic! :T




          David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

          .

          David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

          Comment

          • George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001
            • 7636

            #6
            Hip hip horayyy... Uncle Clive is back and we're all eating well again. :LOL:




            My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

            Comment

            • Chris D
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Dec 2000
              • 16875

              #7
              I'll just move this thread over to Off Topic for more discussion!




              CHRIS
              Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
              CHRIS

              Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

              Comment

              • Bam!
                Super Senior Member
                • Jan 2004
                • 2458

                #8
                Chris!

                Where is this thread I can only access it through SPACED OUT... I figured you moved it to OFF TOPIC I have looked everywhere.....

                Hope you see this since it is now locked!

                I need to get Clives attention also so if anyone can help I`d appreciate it!

                Merci buckets gents!




                Bam!
                Got a nice rack to show me ?

                Comment

                • Chris D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 16875

                  #9
                  Grrr... bear with me, all. This is the first time I've tried to move a thread, and it's not letting me do it yet.




                  CHRIS
                  Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                  CHRIS

                  Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  • Clive
                    Ribs on the Bar-b.....
                    by Clive
                    When you live in Toronto and hear the weather report for a Sunday in April to hit 18 degrees C..........you can only think of one thing and one thing only

                    BAR-B-Q time!!!! :T

                    So on Saturday I went to the butchers picked up 6 racks o' ribs then to the grocers for some yukon...
                    11 April 2005, 10:54 Monday
                  • FLOWFLOWZ
                    What to choose between: Selah Audio SSR / AOS ILLU18 / Rib 18 Revelator / Illuminator
                    by FLOWFLOWZ
                    Hello everybody,
                    Sorry for my bad English.
                    I’ve been searching on internet to find the best monitor kit (20L cab) I could find for 1k-1.2k$ .
                    After searching I selected 4 DIY kits :

                    Selah Audio SSR : http://www.selahaudio.com/id124.html
                    Rib 18 Revelator :...
                    12 March 2013, 07:45 Tuesday
                  • Clive
                    Great "Balls" O' fire!!
                    by Clive
                    So if I remember correctly there were many tongues wagging for the Meatballs. Well the first in The series is a simple Meatball recipe that will get you noticed!

                    Savoury Meatballs tossed in plum sauce topped with pinapples

                    Get one package of meat balls 2-3lbs
                    1 jar...
                    28 April 2002, 23:13 Sunday
                  • JonMarsh
                    OT - CES coming up, hope to do a personal report
                    by JonMarsh
                    OK, what I mean by "personal report" is that I'm not going there to try to cover all the things that are happening (impossible!) nor most of the things that might be of interest to audio/video holics at HTGuide (don't have that much spare time). What I will be doing is checking out a few things...
                    29 December 2005, 13:38 Thursday
                  • Andrew Pratt
                    Mark Knopfler hurt
                    by Andrew Pratt
                    Mark Knopfler hurt in crash
                    LONDON (AP) -- Former Dire Straits lead singer Mark Knopfler broke six ribs and a collarbone in a motorcycle accident and will be unable to perform at a London concert later this month, his agent said Tuesday.

                    Publicist Judy Shaw of Mercury Records...
                    18 March 2003, 18:59 Tuesday
                  • Loading...
                  • No more items.
                  Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                    Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"