X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike B
    • Aug 2008

Popcorn Machine

Got us a popcorn machine. Whirly pops work good, but not as good as this thing. It makes some of the best corn we've ever had and it is a real bargain too. Gotta love overstocked Chinese stuff in a recession.

I just had to add some DIY touch though, so's I built this bottom shelf for it. Birch ply stained black with 3 coats of poly. It just sits on the frame and is held captive by the notches and the back bars and can just lift out. No tools needed.

The extra corn supplies that do not fit in the cabinet will go down here.

If anyone is looking for a good cheap corn machine, check this one out.

• Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Very cool, dude, and you're right--that is an amazing price for machine and cart together. IMHO, a popcorn machine like that is a MUST for any private movie theater. Really adds to the overall movie experience.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Maceo23
      • Dec 2006

I wish I had room in my theater for one of those.

Comment

• Mike B
        • Aug 2008

Do you have 1 square foot?

The dimensions of the cart are 12" x 13" at the machine.

Remove the wheels and add some legs where the wheels were and remove the handle and you will need just a wee bit more than 1 sq-ft.

I bought this one because it really is small. Kinda wierd too with an 8 oz pot in such a small box, makes it a little harder to clean, but I can tell you that the corn rocks!

Some of the best we've ever had. Using 6 oz (kettle size) Naks Paks and I've got the paper bags too, so no measuring, no mess, no bowls, no fuss. Just easy great corn and with the warmer on it's as good 6 hours later as when it was just popped.

If you turn the warmer on the next day for 20 minutes, the leftover corn is almost as good as fresh.

Comment

• Mike B
          • Aug 2008

It's done!

Got the bins for the corn paks, got the paper bags, got the new scoop hanging conviently from the shelf support.

All nicely self contained and ready to rock.

:B

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"