X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrd
    • Dec 2003

AV Rack Recommendations

Does anyone have a recommendation for AV racks? I've been looking around at all the usual suspects (Salamander, Billy Bags, Sanus, StudioTech, etc) but don't have any personal experience with any of them. The requirements are:

Must fit a Sony 52 inch LCD TV on top and would like it to somewhat match the TV (silver & black finish)

Must have room underneath for a receiver, a center channel speaker (B&W LCR 60), VCR, DVD player, CD player, cable box, XBox, and XBox 360. Ideally all these would be behind doors of some type, or at least have some type of backing to hide all the wires.

Don't want to spend more than $500 or $600, if possible. I'm particularly interested in anyone's opinion of the quality of construction of a particular brand (don't want it to look or feel cheap). Thanks in advance for your opinions.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

JRD, I wound up with a BDI Icon 9425 stand for my 50" plasma. It's comprised of a heavy steel gloss black frame with chrome hardware and beefy glass shelves. After 18 months of ownership I'm VERY happy with it and recommend it without reservation. You should be able to find it for $600-699 or there-abouts.

P.S. I understand it comes in a silver version if you are so inclined.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Russ L
      • Jul 2006

Check out the Target Hi-Fi's S320 AV stand. Great build quality at a low price. Only $299. Each shelf holds 50kg+. You can add additional shelves for $90 each. No doors tho. Looks great and thats hard to find in an inexpensive AV rack! I'm ordering one soon. -Russ
      Russ

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I have two Salamander racks that are the cream of the crop. Best quality stuff out there, IMHO. But you have to pay big $$$, and they have a wood finish, not metal structure.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• jrd
          • Dec 2003

Thanks

Thanks guys. I know racks and stands are not a glamorous subject but a necessary one still. I appreciate that you took the time to post replies and I'll certainly look at the options.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"