X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Sony TRV140 DV Camcorder

Well, I waited about 10 years late to get this, but picked up this yesterday. It went against my better judgement to get Sony, but it was the best deal, so I went for it.

DV8 I think is what you call this, records digitally on hi-8 tape I think it is.

This is the low end cameral, but has 20X optical zoom, and 560 digital. I actually went to look at a Panasonic, but it only had a 10X zoom, and was not nearly as good in low light shooting.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Nice toy Lex. How come you went with the Digital 8 instead of MiniDV? Do you have existing 8mm/Hi-8 tapes?

BTW, I think Sony is the only company who makes Digital 8 camcorders. Their camcorders are good, I think you'll be happy with it. I love my MiniDV unit (the DCR-PC100).

KJP

Official Computer Geek and Techno-Wiz Guru of HTGuide - Visit Tower of Power
    My HT Site

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Hey, scuse please. I may be using wrong terminology. This DV crap is all new to me. lol. Actually, I didn't get the one that was compatible with standard 8, as I have no standard 8. So, there was no point stepping up to that one. Since I have a Nikon 990, I wasn't concerned about digital pictures at all, so separate camera media wasn't an issue. Yes, you can't carry everything at once, but generally, pick a camera and stay with it I guess.

It's a digital 8 and uses Hi8 tapes. That help?

Not bad at all for 499.00. I didn't want to spend a grand or more on a camcorder. I just wanted something decent, not to expensive.

I couldn't believe I could have bought an analog for 350. Unreal how they have come down in price. I mean really, how the heck can you sell any camcorder for 350! These things are quite technical inside.

So, to answer your question, why didn't I get MiniDV. Honestly, I don't know, unless it was price.

Lex
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"