X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Ok, so you talked, and talked, and talked until

I went and ordered an XBox! I know Bill Gates needs the money, so I figured what the heck. If anybody is itching for one, go to www.gamespot.com and look under XBox, KBToys is a prime place to go for the packages. Sorry, forget buying the system only, you likely won't find one, unless you just hit it lucky at Walmart or such.

Here's a direct link to the system's page:

READ ABOUT IT HEAR

Seriously, some good times my daughter and I have had around systems dating back to the original Nintendo, a Sega 16 bit, a Nintendo 64, a Playstation. Well, my daughter is 16, and I know the opportunities to see that Christmas morning joy with new toys is fading. Ok, it's already past the little kid stuff. But I can still create a little glimmer in her eye, put a little fun in the day, the week, and maybe beyond. We need something to pull us a little closer, as sometimes, we seem to drift off doing our separate things, me my business, her her friends, part time job and of course, the phone, lol.

So, I ordered an Xbox with 3 games included, Halo, Gotham City Racing, and Dead or Alive.

I picked up an S-video converter. I need one of those, right? Also, tried to get a Memory card, but they were out of those, might order one online, or pick one up another place.

Here's the titles I picked up, keeping in mind, I just chose to charge several, then decide which to keep. Also, already get 3 titles above and an extra controller with the system.

1. Madden 2002 (for me)
    2. Star Wars Starfighter (both)
    3. Transworld Surf (her in mind)
    4. Amped Freestyle Snowboarding (again her)
    5. Mad Dash Racing, (her)

I spent a small fortune here, but I really just don't care. As I said, my mission has a purpose, and not all of it is selfish thinking of me. Sure, we might have more fun with a PS2 extending on our current platform at first. But I did some looking at the graphics produced by both, and that edge smoothing thing can be significant depending on the title. So, I figure why buy a backwards system, when just guessing, XBox will be the empedus to push Sony to PS3. So, wait until Sony raises the bar, then maybe jump back to PS. Technology changes to fast to buy a system that is behind the competition from the start.

Besides, we did Mario, we did some good PS1 titles, now maybe it is time for something entirely new. PLEASE, your title help would be appreciated. I can take back any of the above, but I need to shop fast to find the titles I want.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

Lex I edited your link so it was not wide screen..

Holy talk about your go from, nope, I don't need no stinkeeen game console to, I just ordered every available component and accessory for the XBox :e LOL

Way to do it Trevor style!!

Keep the main 3 for sure, the rest is up to you. you can keep em all, however, why would you have ordered them if you were not intending to keep em all?

Welcome to Club Xbox!

Bing
    Bing

Comment

• Chip
      • Aug 2001

Lol Lex... hope my recent emails didn't throw ya over the edge. Enjoy.

ps. got the component cables hooked up and the images are great on high def sources and regular Sat. Is there a problem bending these cables at the back of the tv? I need to get my tv against the wall but i have a thing-a-ma-jig on the CR to cut down the red push on the Mits. There stiff and i don't want to screw them up.

- Chip

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
      Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• SiliGoose
        • Aug 2000

Welcome to the game, Lex.

Don't bother with the memory card. It's only good for transporting save game data to a friend's Xbox. You can save your stuff on the hard drive.

Let us know how you like everything once it's all hooked up.

-Sili
        www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Trevor Schell
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

LeX,,I am impressed and bow to you.

I am touched at how you are doing this to rekindle and relive the memories you have had with your daughter.
          I am experiencing these right now with my 4 year old..I really enjoy watching her play the games on the PS2. Seeing her excitement and reactions when she completes a level is priceless.

Other games come to mind which may fun for the family is 4x4 EVO 2..This one is a 4x4 Truck and SUV racing game..I picked it up since Tori loves the ATV racing game on the PS2.

I also bought Odd World as it looks like an adventure game with some really nice graphics..This was one I figured my kids would enjoy too.

A new one out is Transworld surf...I have not seen it yet, but I am sure the graphics would be nice.

Good idea loading up on the games then making a final choice.
          Just make sure you do not open the ones you are not keeping or you could get stuck with them.

Trevor
          My HomeTheater S.E.
          Sonically Enhanced
          C5
          Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Sili, actually the memory card is needed if you want to save multiple copies of a game. I picked up one of the Madcatz cards so I could save my current position in Halo, and yet still come back to that point as the same player. It kinda rips me off that the memory manager is not a lot more powerfull than it is.

I can see my self purchasing a couple more of these cards, just because the meomry manager will only let you have one of the same file on the card and Xbox's HD.

I may have been spoiled by my PSx's memory card, it has varying levels (partions) electronically selected, that allowed you to save many copies of the same games, so a person could enter at any point of the game.

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Read again Trev, I got trans world surf.

i read that the off roads are just so so, I dunno, guess you haven't tried them yet huh?

I know what your saying Bing, dangit, could have bought a memory card today and told the guy I didn't need one, lol. Actually, there's more tp that story.

certainly, I know not to open a game, or it's mine. Open software can only be exchanged for like software in the advent of a defect.

right now, I may keep all these, but then again, might decide to take one back... and exchange for a different one, like Max I may opt to go Max on the Xbox instead of the pc.

Lex
              Doug

Comment

• Lex
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Apr 2001

Oh yeah, Bing, if you need 2 or 3 cards, I would guess Trev best pickup a dozen or so, rofl!

Lex
                Doug

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Lex,,I am going to buy one of everything.
                  That way I am covered for emergency's.

Trevor
                  My HomeTheater S.E.
                  Sonically Enhanced
                  C5
                  Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Knowing you Trev, that's believable, lol.

2 weeks ago, I said, ahh, I don't need no stinkin XBox, wouldn't play it probably. Then you guys start posting cool graphics, yacking it up, and dangit, sucked me right in!

Now, hold onto your seats sports fans, dig this. I ordered a system with 3 games and an extra controller. Right? Right. Today, I was at Sam Goody Music, which to my dismay, was bought out by Best Buy recently. When I walked in, I noticed some changes to the store. Back in the back, PS2 and XBox displays were setup. I go back there, and in the case, was 1 XBox system unopened. Yes, the event that I didn't think was possible to happen locally happened. I have checked Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, CompUSA, Electronics Botique, all before ordering online. So, there it was, what was I to do except buy it? lol.

Here me out. I thought, well, this way I can buy a different controller, maybe a different game selection. But most importantly, it was here, right now. I started to think, you never know about an online order. They could email me tomorrow and say, oops, we are sorry, but we oversold Xbox, and will not be able to fulfill your order.

So, I picked it up with 2 of the games I ordered. Crazy, right? My plan was to go home and cancel the online order, but I get here and log in to find it shipped! Ack! Here, I thought there was going to be a 5 day delay before shipping or so. Oh well.

I can now do one of two things. Sell the extra system myself for profit, or just return it. I am convinced that had the average person known to check Sam goody, that system would have been gone before I found it. Oh well, I guess I hedged my bet anyway. As soon as my shipment gets here, and I verify it is ok, I will decide what to do with the Xtra Xbox.

Lex
                    2 X-boxes and counting.
                    Doug

Comment

• Bing Fung
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Aug 2000

Whoa Lex you have really done it Trevor style now, 2 boxes!

Anyway, glad we could suck ya in, now if I may, XBOX SUXS!..heheh (sorry had to get the Fanboy out of me)

Bing
                      Bing

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Hey, you want 2 Xboxes over easy for breakfast? keep it up, keep it up.

Yeah, you know me, I never do anything halfway, lol.

lex
                        Doug

Comment

• Trevor Schell
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Way to go Lex,,One for the bedroom and one for the main room.
                          You can always find a place for two boxes.
                          Or you could always start up an X-box lotto at the Guide..

Anyways,, always good to be safe than sorry!,,

X-Box Rox..
                          Bing made me say that!

Trevor
                          My HomeTheater S.E.
                          Sonically Enhanced
                          C5
                          Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"