X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Styling with XP

If you've ever wanted to really personalize your XP machine you really need to check out the Style XP utility which is available here. Once installed you'll be able to install any of the login screens, desktops and themes from this site. There's some very cool designs available from a GUI that looks like OSX to some wild and colourful ones.

Here's what I picked Login Screen and my desktop showing new GUI

• Trevor Schell
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Great looking desktop Andrew!!:T

Trevor
    My HomeTheater S.E.
    Sonically Enhanced
    C5
    Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Chip
      • Aug 2001

Andrew,

That is super freaking cool!!! I just D/L'd it and am playing around with it... I D/L'd a boat load of themes... I have my desktop set to something similar to yours without the red lightning... couldn't find that exact one ?

Chip Engle

"Concrete ain't a spectator sport"

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
      Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Chip I'll email it to you if you like. There's so many there its nearly impossible to go though them all 8O

Comment

• Chip
          • Aug 2001

Andrew,

Actually, i found it with blue lightning and installed it... What the heck is the difference between a visual style and a theme ? I know what backgrounds are- wallpaper.
          This program is REALLY cool.

Chip Engle

<a href="http://www.htguide.com/bilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=arkivbilder&userid=0&selected userid=336" target="_blank">My HT
          Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

Nice looking desktop Andrew :T

I have to admitt though, I'm not a big fan of "overhead" programs...

One day I may try one to see what I have been missing

Bing
            Bing

Comment

• SiliGoose
              • Aug 2000

StyleXP can be set to take up zero resources. You might eat up some RAM with the desktop image but you could do that without StyleXP. Besides, most of us have a buttload of RAM to begin with.

I use a theme called "coughdrop". I used the dark colored themes at first too but I got tired of them. The cool thing about StyleXP is that it can be set to rotate through your various themes. It will rotate through background images too if you want -though I don't like how it forces you to manually add each image (I use a piece of freeware called WallSmart to vary my backgrounds).

-Sili
              www.campmurphy.net

Comment

• Chip
                • Aug 2001

I'm using Forever Blue visual style & Theme, with blue lightning XP log (like Andrews Red version).. Very cool custom desktop. Best part is, i change whenever i want!

Chip Engle

Chip Engle

My HT

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"