ATI Rage Fury Pro VIVO for video capture?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gil
    • Dec 2000

ATI Rage Fury Pro VIVO for video capture?

I would like to capture video and digital audio from DISH and record on MPEG1/2 and create a VCD. Can this card and included software do what I need? How is the ease of use and setup?

At under $100 the price seems to be right but not sure if it's a good solution.
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

If I was going to invest in a solution like this, keeping in mind you'll probably want to use it for a few years, I'd be looking at either the ASUS Geforce based solutions, or the ATI Radeon based AIW. The Radeon has the best DVD video playback I've seen to date. However, I haven't seen the AIW and it's video record/playback. I have read on other forums that there are problems, but reportedly the MMC 7.1 release addresses most of the remaining ones. I'd suggest hanging out at some sites like www.rage3d.com to get more information.

Recording and playback on a PC requires some care an optimization in equipment setup; for instance, fast HD, degragged, perhaps a seperate disk just for the video recordings, and lots of RAM. I've read of differences in PC capability which preclude VIVO like functionality from working properly; so don't plan on installing this on an older PC with a fairly full HD and getting nice results.
    I"ve been more interested in HD recording, and have been watching the developoment of the Telemann Labs DTV-200 card, which records the HDTV MPEG data stream to disk. It's getting pretty close to having all the software issues sorted about, but his is after several upgrades of the sofware; and no mpeg encoding is involved.

Regards,

Jon

Earth First!
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"