X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tschogger
    • Apr 2004

Just a question about the A7V333 Asus Mainboard

aloa everyone, i've just a noob question... maybe someone of you know an answer......

how can i put 4 Fans on an ASUS A7V333 Mainboard, which normally just have 3 fan "places"(or whatever it should be called in english)?

cu
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

The fan places are also known as "Headers".

You could use what is called a 3 pin "Y" adapter, however depending on the fans you plan to attach, it may draw more amperage than the Motherboard header can sustain... So be carfefull if you go that route. You need to determine what the max current the MB will sustain and then add up the total amperage draw of the fans you intend to use.

Headers use the 3 pin plugs so if all your fans are the smaller 3 pin plugs you can use what is known as a 3 to 4 pin Molex adapter and then the 4 pin molex can be plugged into your power supply plug to power the extra fan. Note that fans plugged with the 4 pin molex do not allow automatic speed control from the mother boards Q-fan system. This is the way I would go.

If your all tapped out on 4 pin power supply plugs then you will also need to add what is known as a 4 pin molex pass through connector. If your fan came originally as a 4 pin molex plug it shoul dhave the pass through connector aready attached. The pass through allows you to tap into a 4 pin line for power to the fan.

3 pin fan to 4 pin Molex power supply

3 pin Y adapter plugs into MB and then 2 fans can be controlled

Typical 4 pin molex pass through. This one allows connecting up a 3 pin fan to the pass through. Most fans are already hard wired to the end were the smaller 3 pin connector is, so the connector isn't there with most fans, just imagine a fan attached there.

All this stuff can be found at http://www.bigfootcomputers.com

Bing

My Home Entertainment Systems
    Bing

Comment

• Tschogger
      • Apr 2004

WoW that was more then i excepted thx a lot....

i first will see if i can sth buy here in my town before i order sth in the net... it's far from canada to switzerland and who knows what the american security service took out when it just look like a terrorist part

nice evening

Comment

• Bing Fung
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2000

You're Welcome. I only supplied the sales link so you coul dlook to see what is available on the market. Also as a courtesy to the site for using their pictures as illustration.

You shoul dbe able to find this stuff in Switzerland with out any great difficulty.

Have Fun 8)

Bing

My Home Entertainment Systems
        Bing

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"