X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

XBox One Discussion Thread

We're about to see the X-Box One gaming system released. If anyone does pick one up, we'd all like to hear all about it!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

We will probably get one. it looks pretty sound now that they have tweaked a few things. I honestly don't find anything wrong with the current Xbox 360. Years ago the failure rate was extreme but Microsoft did handle that pretty well.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I don't think I ever had a problem with my XBox 360. Granted, it wasn't my primary gaming platform, but it's also been my kids primary DVD player in the room that it's located in, where they watch a good amount of movies. Works good, and they enjoy the Kinect feature too.
      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

Ours broke 4 times. On the 4th time I almost put it in the garbage. We had Ps3 and WII at the time as well.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

When the XBox One was announced, I had several very big concerns about some "features" Microsoft designed it with, namely the mandatory daily internet connection, and talk of no physical media. The news articles now say that Microsoft has dropped these things due to the backlash, so I'm interested to see what they roll out!

The latest technology news and reviews, covering computing, home entertainment systems, gadgets and more
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• impala454
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2007

I no longer own an XBox, but loved the Forza Motorsport series of games. I am jaw dropped by the gameplay footage of Forza Motorsport 5 for XBox One. If I wasn't in my more frugal stages I might even get an XBox One just for this game. Wow.

(Be sure to crank your youtube to 1080p)

[youtube]CxOVs8RFxsE[/youtube]
            -Chuck

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Whoa... that makes me want to buy an X1 just for that. If I could get my Playseat and racing wheel setup to work with the game (there's no guarantees anymore you can get any particular setup to work with any given game) that'd be the bees knees.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

WOW, I'm juiced.

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Gran Tourismo 6 is also about to be released. Wonder if that's going to be comparable.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

I don't know, coming from PC Sim racing I don't see much to be excited about with Forza 5 or GT6. Project C.A.R.S as well as some other new sims that have come out in the last couple weeks easily look better.

Comment

• impala454
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2007

What are some key differences?
                      -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

Graphics, realistic aspects such as handling, models, tire models, laser scanned tracks. etc etc.

Comment

• madmac
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2010

There was an article in my local newspaper today that says a lot of the promised features of this unit do not work. I'm not sure if they backed off of their mandatory internet connection for this unit either. Apparently, this unit is quite large and heavy and cannot be stacked with other components. No USB port on the front??!!.......Huh??!!. Looks like a fizzle out to me.

I'll stick to my trusty PS3 for now!.
                          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• P-Dub
                            Office Moderator
                            • Aug 2000

I played one Forza 5 race and it wa pretty awesome. Drive the P1 to a 5 th place on some track.

It wa hooked up to a nice Samsung 55" TV, I would guess a 8000 series.

The in cockpit view was great with detailed interior and the driver paddle shifting. I think the animation might be a bit slow as I know I was shifting up and down pretty quick.

I haven't really played many driving games since GT4, but do play the demo GT5 and Forza tracks wen they are setup at stores.

Don't know if I will get any of the new gaming systems but hands on time is a must.
                            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• Chris D
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Dec 2000

I honestly haven't heard much feedback about either new console yet, so I'm still interested in how they're turning out.
                              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2010

Yes.....More reviews would be appreciated!. Sound off folks!.
                                Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"