X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

htc phones

I read about an HTC 1X and 1X+, is this the predecessor to the new HTC ONE?

To make sure I got this right, the HTC One is the latest and greatest phone from HTC, right?

So, is the EVO, way out of date now in terms of new features I guess? I used to think the EVO was the phone I would want if I got out of my current Samsung Epic 4G.

I am having issues with my carrier at my home location with Sprint service, as yet, there is no indication they can do anything to make it better until September when more Airave's become available. I am having VERY poor signals, I can't text reliably, and voice calls are intermittent at best. It's very difficult to use my phone under these conditions, and I am evaluating options.

I hate to do a new 2 year contract, and I don't think i would until a phone proves it works well at my house. At least a phone "service" anyway, say ATT, Verizon...
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Almost all services give you a week or sometimes 2 weeks to try their service and your new phone to return it without a fee or anything.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I guess it depends on what you plan to do with the phone throughout the day? I don't have too many issues with my HTC Sensation,it lasts the whole day for me although it's a bit low toward the end.

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

Doug, the EVO is definitely "old" now in cell phone terms, and yeah the One is HTC's latest greatest.
        -Chuck

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

I had HTC's for years. They are well built phones but a little 'buggy' at times. Finally, I switched to the Samsung Note II and it is substantially better than my old Sensation in every way. It's incredibly fast (Quad core processor!....more than my current laptop!). Musically, it blows away the Sensation. Rogers LTE platform is incredibly fast also!. Never a signal problem.
          Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

You're comparing a much older phone, to a much newer phablet. And Samsungs have just as many quirks much of the time lol.

Comment

• impala454
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2007

I have the Droid DNA by HTC and it's been pretty awesome. Super high res, very fast, LTE is good, battery lasts all day. Overall a good phone.
              -Chuck

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"