X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

New HTPC board :)

If you rip all your movies to x.264 or some other format even here is a new rather cheap option for an HTPC.

Motherboard, cpu, gpu, wifi, psu. Has an onbaord 9300gs which has full VDPAU support in linux so the little Atom 330n CPU is plenty as you offload all your decoding to the GPU. Works excellent with XBMC in linux or probably even MythTV.

There are some other options in cases and what not but they don't have the 9300gs they have something else and also I think this is the only one with HDMI. I think its a very neat option and with something like this case

M350 Universal Mini-ITX Enclosure, the swiss Army Knife of Embedded mini-ITX Computing

And 2gb's of ram, you could use a USB flash drive for the OS drive you have a very nice HTPC that can do 720p and 1080p movies, even Blu-ray (although not so much in linux). There is hardware acceleration in windows but not quite as open as in Linux but I imagine you probably could run MCE or something.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"