X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well, I decided how to mount my pedals and took a stab at it. I think it looks good, but I think my pedal arms now look short? So I may pick up one more piece of 3/4" tubing and cut it about 1-2" longer.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

OK! I redid the arm again haha! This time I'm quite happy though! It looks nice and professional and not as crappy as the last one. Here are a few pics, this won't change again (other then possibly getting some paint or powder coating? Not sure if you can powder coat aluminum?).

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Starting to come together

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

What's with the name change?
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Hah, just outgrew it, been meaning to do it for some time.

Comment

• nikbrewer
              • Oct 2008

raid 0 is the ticket on gaming PC's. SSD are crazy fast anyway,then radi zero, and its twice as fast as it reads from both at the same time.

Suprized at the 4 gig or ram though.

Comment

• Hdale85
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2006

No I have 8 gigs, if you look I put x2 on that so 2 kits.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Pedals are done! And I have to say WOW this brake pedal is amazing! As well as the other pedals! Sooo much resolution way more then the G25 I used to have and pretty sure more then the G27 as they are the same pedals. The brake though you really need a cockpit that your seat and the pedals are bolted to or you will move trying to press it. They feel amazing! If any of you are serious about SIM racing I'd definitely pick up a set from Todd Canon if you don't want to build them your selves. One note is in the end I didn't save much money at all by building them my self? Maybe 100-150 bucks I'd say? Get a much nicer product by spending the extra too..... I was thinking of building a second set but I think I'll wait and buy the commercial ones as wife wants to race as well so she'll get this set when that happens.

They are mounted to a temporary stand until I get the cockpit done and ready to mount them to it.

Comment

• nikbrewer
                    • Oct 2008

those look nice

did not see the 2 kits of ram, that makes more sense.

I am starting to gatherparts for a quad core micro atx gaming computer. Plan on a raid 0 for OS and some games, 750 gig 7500 rmp drive fro other software, like recorded video, and my wife photoshop stuff

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

Awesome, I spent close to 2k on my setup with the 3 LCD's. I wanted to spend more honestly I really wanted to get dual 570's so that I could add a third later if I wanted. Really would of liked bigger displays as well but I'm pretty darn happy with what I ended up with. If I got everything I wanted I wouldn't have any room to upgrade next year

Comment

• krips
                        • Sep 2007

Looks great nice work!
                        Sharp LC-42D64U
                        TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• impala454
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2007

Looking very nice. What are you doing for a shifter?
                          -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2006

Well for now nothing, but I do plan to build one. I had found a guy that used a few pieces of 80/20 and machined a piece of aluminum to make his and seemed like it may be doable with my limited tools.

[youtube]T6nWJQlbVqI[/youtube]

I'm also going to be doing a handbrake with the extra loadcell I received.

Comment

• Hdale85
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2006

Well I went the PVC route. I'm liking it so far! Here are a few pics, I mocked up the whole base for starters, then mocked up the rest of it for the most part minus the LCD mount (still waiting for the wall mount brackets to come in) also I need to see where I want the LCD's to sit after I get the seating position all set.

So at this moment, I've got the whole back part of the cockpit glued up now and the seat mounted. It's looking really good! The only thing is I don't think I can mount my pedals directly to it, so they'll likely still be in some sort of stand? I need to make something less bulky though I think.

I think I did mess up a bit on the back bar that goes behind the seat, since the Tee sections I have of PVC aren't exactly centered (as in the center of the Tee section) it's a little off to the side because of the design, I couldn't find any that were straight though even though I know they make them somewhere.

Ok so don't mind the mess in the background I'm putting this all together in my bedroom and kind of been working on several projects for the sim for a few weeks now About time to straighten up I think.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"