X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

asus o!play media player

hello all,

loving my asus oplay media player http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Play-Medi...313652&sr=1-11

thought i would miss the dts hd master audio, but it sounds wonderful. in the long run downloading mkv file are cheaper than buying bluray disc :T
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Ooo Supports Matroska too

Comment

• knguyen429
      • Feb 2010

what is this "MKV" you speak of? 8)

i have two of those o!plays coming to me overseas. family members have been using it back in texas for a few months. they absolutely love it, alot simplier than the htpc i put there before i left. the o!play air has built-in wireless N wifi for anybody who wants to stream over wifi. although i don't recommend it, some people have had success streaming mkv files over wifi. i could never get 720p files to play smoothly over wireless, so i wired the whole house.

personally, i like my htpcs alot better. i only recommend media players for the "technologically challenged" (that includes every other room in the house besides mine) :B
      - Kenneth Nguyen

Comment

• june
        • Feb 2005

hello all,

i just ordered my 2nd unit for the bedroom. i thought i'd miss the hd surround sounds but NOT!!!!
        June

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by june
          hello all,

thought i would miss the dts hd master audio, but it sounds wonderful. in the long run downloading mkv file are cheaper than buying bluray disc :T
          I'm not aware of many *LEGAL* MKV files worth downloading, much less one's available to purchase on Blu-ray. Care to enlighten us?

It's one thing to have different views on the morality of downloading copyrighted material, it's another to openly flaunt it.

Kevin D.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

kevin d,

no disrespect to anyone if openly flaunting. a few co-workers told me about the mkv files & media player info. and i'm only sharing the info i recieved.

i brorrowed a hard drive with mkv files to watch a few kung fu films. rec 1 & 2 was also on this drive. i was really impressed with the picture & sound quality.

this is when i brought the asus unit. again

no disrespect to anyone. i'm not the flaunting type.
            June

Comment

• numberoneoppa
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Kevin D
              I'm not aware of many *LEGAL* MKV files worth downloading, much less one's available to purchase on Blu-ray. Care to enlighten us?

It's one thing to have different views on the morality of downloading copyrighted material, it's another to openly flaunt it.

Kevin D.
              Legality has nothing to do with it. All of my personal bluray and dvd rips are stored using the .MKV container - it suits my purposes very well.
              -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"