X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Been looking for an HTPC front end

I've been looking for a nice front end for my HTPC as media center really sucks. I'm downloading Media Portal right now to give it a try as its free and it looks quite nice. I was wondering what thoughts you guys might of on the subject?
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

On Media Portal or a front end? I've been using Meedio for years now. No longer any support, but it's extremely customizeable. And all the lossless formats are supported as well (FLAC, APE, WML, etc)
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Yeah same with Media Portal... I'll have to look at Meedio though I think I messed with it a while back.

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Well right now I think I'm quite happy with Media Portal using the CoreAVC video codec and their PureSound player plugin. Music sounds great and movies look awesome. I just wish one of these players had native support for Blu-Ray playback.

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I only use my HTPC for music and small home videos or downloads. I don't rip my movies (way too many). So I never cared for video options. Sorry.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Well currently my Blu-Ray player is a drive in my PC I haven't started ripping all my movies quite yet but I have several on my computer. It's just a convenience thing. I'm working on building a nice server that will have somewhere around 3-4TB's of space at that point I'll put all my remaining DVD's on the server which isn't many. Blu-Ray movies I can rip...I'm not sure I want to though we'll see. They take up a lot of space.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"