X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xewki
    • Nov 2007

LAN configuration

Hi everybody,
    It`s a nice feeling joining this forum. I have a networking problem. Recently, I tried to add a Linksys phone adapter to my Belkin Pre-N router. But it refused to give it an IP address. I know that my router is not Intel(R) viiv certified. Please, can you help me solve this? I've heard that Vista allows you to add an IP address manually. If it is so, may somebody show me how? ;x( Thank you
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

All you "should" have to do is set your belkin to give out a DHCP address (do this by accessing the router's webpage). Once you do that and plug in the Linksys, it should automatically give the phone adapter an IP address...

I'm not sure on the phone adapter if there's a webpage to it (or a way) to configure for a manual IP address on it?!?!

Just looked it up, depending on your model, look through Chapter 4 in the manual to use the phone to go through the menu system to set the network setting to DHCP. I believe it's 101 on the telephone to set for DHCP. Look at the manual though to figure out how to get to that option.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"