X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

Xcard Questions ???

Wohoo! Xmas came early today at work. I got new lcd monitors (no bezels :cry: ) with mounting arms, digital speakers and finally a replacement for my sigma designs Xcard (which I promptly installed this time). Here's my questions on the Xcard:
    1) Can you output your desktop to an hdtv via YPbPr? I can only get movie files/dvd's to out thru the Xcard media player.
    2) The 16:9 and 4:3 buttons seem reversed?
    3) Video glitches during dvd playback (w/ 1.8G AMD, 220M ram, Win2K).
    4) Can you get around the 480P limit on copy right material?
    5) I can't get DD out to my digital speakers, PCM works ok, as does DD via my dvd standalone player. Note: same coax cable, same speakers. When set to DD audio out I get a ticking noise from the Xmagic card. There is no date on the drivers that were installed, and I only found one driver on the website.
    Bad stream, or could it be something else?

Thanks,
    Ward
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

To the best of my knowledge, all the Xcard supports is outputing the decoded DVD- no desktop support.

Try AnyDVD to get around the copyright limitation- should work. Does with other systems like MyHD cards with scaled DVD playback.

Don't know if it supports DD passthrough. They have to pay a license fee to support DD in the drivers, and may have chosen not to.

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JonMarsh
      Don't know if it supports DD passthrough. They have to pay a license fee to support DD in the drivers, and may have chosen not to.
      ~Jon
      Hmm, the box states DD and DTS compatible. Perhaps they have answered my email by now. I don't think I'll be buying one for home use just because of the output being limited to their media player.
      What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"