Confused about resolution metrics in Pioneer 435HDE (Elite810 HD in USA)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vicente
    • May 2004

Confused about resolution metrics in Pioneer 435HDE (Elite810 HD in USA)

Hello to everybody. I'm new to this forum and I wanted some advice from you.

I'm interested in buying a 42" plasma and the one that has my preferences is the Pioneer 435HDE (Elitepro 810 HD in USA) that has won the 2004-05 Eisa award "Plasma of the Year" in Europe.

The only thing that dissuade me for the moment is the fact that its resolution is only 1024 x 768 when there are many others in the market with a resolution of 1024 x 1024 or more for much less money.

Pioneer says that this TV is HDTV ready and complies with 720p standards but the resolution for 720p is 1280 x 720 pixels. Or am I wrong?.

One Pioneer dealer told me that plasmas with 1024 x 1024 (Sony or Loewe) are the same as the Pioneer but measured in a different way ????? and another one told me that Sony was using a last generation display that Pioneer would probably launch in a few months (I don't think so either. This model dates from end 2004).

So I'm really confused. I saw the Pioneer and in my opinion it deserves the EISA award. It looks wonderful, has rich colour and a deep contrast, but I dont want to buy a very expensive unit that will be outdated in a few months.

Can someone explain me what resolution should I ask for a real High Definition Plasma and why.

Is this Pioneer the best choice or should I check another brand in your oppinion?.

Eelco 74 I know that you were studying this model. Can you give me your feedback and oppinion?.

Thanks to all.

Regards

Vicente
  • eelco74
    • Dec 2002

I can tell you that the 720p and the 1080i have more pixels than both the 1024*1024 and 1024*768 can handle. Futhermore the problem is that scaling the PAL into 1024*1024 is a bit more tricky than 1024*768.

I would not worry about the resolution of both the Pioneer as well as the Loewe. I really like the new Loewe A42 plasma. It looks very nice indeed and has a good userinterface. Pioneer als has a stunning picture and a lot of connections. Loewe has only 2 scart connectors.

Anyway I finally ended up with the toshiba 32LD5200. I descided that vieuwing the news in 42" in my livingroom was not very nice. So I have now a 32" and will buy a DLP projector for movies next fall.

As far as new models form Pioneer, the 434 lasted about 1 year. You are right that the current 435 is ony 6 month on sale. However I see a lot of price drops on the 435. This might suggest a new model is coming. But personally I think it is too soon, so it will probably on sale untill the end of the year.
    Marantz AV8802, Marantz UD8002, Rotel RB-991 and RB985mkii, Rotel RD960
    Focal/Jmlab Electra 1028S, Electra CC, Electra SW1000S, Cobalt 705
    Pioneer KRL-37V, Epson EH-TW8100, Kinkping CES-180 77"inch

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"