X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maseline_98
    • Apr 2005

Sony kds-60a2000 and Toshiba HD-a35??

I was reading that the hd-a35 outputs at 1080p/24fps. My question is, will my TV accept it? I of course contacted sony's tech department to ask them if my TV accepted 1080p/24fps or 1080p/60fps or both. The first guy I talked to said 24fps and I wasn't 100% convinced that he knew what he was talking about so I called back and the second guy said that it was 1080p/60fps. Anybody have any insight on this? If my TV doesn't accept 24fps, there is no reason for me to purchase the a35.

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
    Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

• Sep 2004

It should be in the owner's manual if it is a feature (my Sony projector has it listed as a feature in its manual). I don't think the 2000 has that feature, though, at least I don't remember it from when I was considering it for my display. This thread, however, will get more attention in the REAR projection forum, so you may want to notify a mod to move it for you.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Gee... I sure couldn't tell you about that particular TV model. I bought an A35, and I know of the two new LCD flatscreens in my house that I've tried it on, one accepted 24 fps (my new Samsung 71-series LCD) and the other one didn't. (my 3 month old Samsung 66-series LCD)
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• maseline_98
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
        Gee... I sure couldn't tell you about that particular TV model. I bought an A35, and I know of the two new LCD flatscreens in my house that I've tried it on, one accepted 24 fps (my new Samsung 71-series LCD) and the other one didn't. (my 3 month old Samsung 66-series LCD)
        I was wondering what the outcome of the one that didn't accept the 24fps?

Can the mods please move this thread to rear projections forum?

Sony kds-60a2000\Panasonic BD-55k\XBOX 360 Premium(20gig)Slingbox\Xbox(flashed) running XBMC
        Emotiva UMC-1\Emotiva XPA-5\Klipsch (2)RF-7s with DeanG xover upgrade, RC-7 with DeanG xover upgrade, (2)RS-7s\SVS 20-39PC+

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

If I remember right, it dropped out the video every 10 seconds or so. Not sure.
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• maseline_98
            • Apr 2005

Well...if that's the case, there is no reason for me to get the a35(other than the analog audio outputs).

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

To be clear, when I used the 24fps setting on my -66 series Samsung, I had a few video errors. But all I had to do was de-select the 24 fps, and choose normal 1080p, and it works fine.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• maseline_98
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
                To be clear, when I used the 24fps setting on my -66 series Samsung, I had a few video errors. But all I had to do was de-select the 24 fps, and choose normal 1080p, and it works fine.
                Did that cause any lose in PQ or pixelation? And if not, what is the benefit of selecting 24fps?

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Nope, looks fine. What 24fps does is outputs film movies at its native refresh rate of 24 fps that it was filmed with, instead of converting it to the typical 60 fps used by video and that video displays have typically used. So if your TV support 24 fps, it can accept the video signal at its native produced rate without conversion.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"