• Show
Clear All
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

Worse than 60s? How so?

Comment

• razzbo56
      • Jan 2006

Well I got it Friday and all I can say is WOW !! I had the Sony SXRD-50XBR and thought it had a great picture. This plasma is by far the best picture I have ever seen. Hi-def picture with directv is excellent,DVD movies excellent,standard digital tv very good. I can't wait to buy a blue-ray dvd player. I have a Panasonic 37" VIERA that is one year old that is nowhere near this set. Overall it's well worth the $2649.00 I paid for it. :T

Comment

• peterS
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by deke
        Worse than 60s? How so?
        keep in mind they were under enormous pressure to drop the price as they sat at double the price of panasonic

processing use to be offboard and the best id seen
        (picture looked better and it handled SD much better)

removable speakers

free wall mount

thick reflection retardant film

Comment

• peterS
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

for what its worth
          the kuros have the anti reflection film again
          definitely get the kuro over xx70 series as far as im concerned

Comment

• deke
            • Dec 2005

Thanks for your input guys... if only I weren't so cheap this would be an easy decision.

Comment

• peterS
              Super Senior Member
              • Dec 2005

the samsungs look good if you want to save a grand

Comment

• deke
                • Dec 2005

Perhaps unfairly so, I've always felt Samsung quality / performance was lacking.

Comment

• whoaru99
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by peterS
                  kuro's look good notable improvement over last year but nothing mind blowing
                  definite #1 pic for 720p
                  would be nice if an alternative display method finally materialized- one that didnt draw 10-20A....

a panasonic i saw looked like an old lcd the contrast was so bad
                  seriously i had to check.... might have been a 1080p model but next to the other plasmas looked baaad
                  10-20A? I don't think they draw that much power.

The Panasonic probably was set on the Vivid mode; mine about seared my eyeballs the first time I powered it up (and quickly changed it out of Vivid).
                  There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• gubbi
                    • Sep 2007

Originally posted by whoaru99
                    10-20A? I don't think they draw that much power.

The Panasonic probably was set on the Vivid mode; mine about seared my eyeballs the first time I powered it up (and quickly changed it out of Vivid).
                    Amps is not a measure of power, watts is (being pedantic)

A single power usage datapoint: My Pioneer 507XA (European version of the 5070) is listed as drawing 340watts max, that would equate to a current draw of 3 amps (3A * 110V =330W). PDPs use more power the brighter the picture. Using a power meter reveals that one hour of playing Crackdown power usages is around 200W (measured at the wall socket), - this is a lot less than most similarly sized LCDs.

Can't imagine Panasonic being much worse than Pio in this regard.

Cheers

Comment

• deke
                      • Dec 2005

Wound up springing for a Pioneer 5080HD and haven't regretted it. It's an awesome set.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"