X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tha Freak
    • Jul 2003

Hitachi 55VG825 (Cineforms) comments ??

I'm looking to get a new WS TV...

There's a special on Hitachi this week end...

Any comments on the Hitachi 55VG825...??

any thing else I should be looking ?

the price is 2300$CAN (fitting stand included)...

Thanks!!!
    - - - - - - - - - -

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggy?...or are you gonna bite?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

If you insist on an LCD RPTV, I'd probably reccommend the Sony's first. Otherwise I'd put SXRD's and DLP's over LCD for PQ.
    Jason

Comment

• Tha Freak
      • Jul 2003

Meaning "Get a Sony SXRD or then get a DLP" ??

the SXRD are quite expensive...

any suggestion for DLP's ?? I heard Samsung's are not that good ?
      - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Yes, I'd get SXRD over DLP budget allowing.

As for DLP Samsung's likely your best bet, just avoid their wobulated 1080p sets and get the best 720p model you can afford. You'll also have to research on how to shut off their edge enhancement to get the most out of it. You may also want to check out their new LED backlit units coming out anytime now. They should remove any chance of rainbows and extend "bulb" life 10X current units...though there's always the first generation of a new tech risk....
        Jason

Comment

• Snap
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2005

I heard that the NEW LED units were not going to come? I thought I heard that Samsung dropped that idea?

If you wait a month the SXRD's are going to be comming and they are solid black with NO funny looking side speakers! They look awesome!
          The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

Last I heard was that they had been delayed from their initial Spring Launch to Fall ie: anytime after the next month or so...
            Jason

Comment

• Tha Freak
              • Jul 2003

for DLP, Samsung are the one to look for ?? a seller told me they where not the best...(he was selling them..) maybe he wanted to push me for a Hitachi in the sale... ??
              - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• aud19
                Twin Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2003

Short of going really high-end like Sim2 ($$$) IMO, Samsung is your best bet for DLP, though I'd still recommend SXRD first.
                Jason

Comment

• Snap
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2005

:agree: sony really has it going on in the RP sets. Definaly when they get the XBR2 RPLCD out! That will change the looks of the TV itself, as well as better PQ.

Samsung for DLP, and Sony for LCD anything. Can not stand Hitachi dlp's. I like their PJ, but not there DLP.
                  The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• aturcotte
                    • Sep 2004

hitachi 60vg825

I purchased the 60 model in feb and have had no problems . Very happy with the picture-previous TV was SONY 53 XBR RPTV.

Comment

• aud19
                      Twin Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Snap
                      I heard that the NEW LED units were not going to come? I thought I heard that Samsung dropped that idea?

If you wait a month the SXRD's are going to be comming and they are solid black with NO funny looking side speakers! They look awesome!
                      Jason

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"