best way to go in the $60K range?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • draganm
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2005
    • 299

    #1

    best way to go in the $60K range?

    I'm afraid I don't in fact have $60K to blow but if I did I would be sorely tempted by this electronic monstrosity. ;x( http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewt...ddc3ac19e22726
    Saw the same set-up in Arizona back in Feb and it was very impressive. I was wondering at the time if there was a market for this in private homes, lo and behold-
  • Chris D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Dec 2000
    • 16875

    #2
    Holy crap... and Curt has his own forum now? Wow.
    CHRIS

    Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

    Comment

    • P-Dub
      Office Moderator
      • Aug 2000
      • 6766

      #3
      Holy crap, this guy lives in my neck of the woods! (I mean Curt) I think I need to make a new friend.
      Paul

      There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

      Comment

      • draganm
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2005
        • 299

        #4
        Paul if your still running RPTV's I think you should definitely swing by Curt's place.I know he's full-up on inventory and ready to deal :T Curt's site is cool, not too much moderating.
        I still watch a little TV in the evenings, but for movies nothing beats a 7 foot wide screen in my basement HT. Well Except a Blenzilla on a 12 foot wide screen :lol:

        Comment

        • zorg
          Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 51

          #5
          good to see a fellow Aussie doing his bit.... Awesome setup...

          Comment

          • Brandon B
            Super Senior Member
            • Jun 2001
            • 2189

            #6
            Think he got ripped like that moving those around?

            I keed . . .

            Comment

            • draganm
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2005
              • 299

              #7
              Originally posted by Brandon B
              Think he got ripped like that moving those around?
              I keed . . .
              LOL, at 190 pounds each you better be in good shape.

              Comment

              • sirbogey
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2006
                • 344

                #8
                :yeah: no wonder people call me "lightweight"

                Comment

                • JBJR
                  Junior Member
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 10

                  #9
                  Hey Drag, I'm half way there :W ! Got two 9500's now, just need Blendzilla and I'm set :T :B !

                  Anyone got a spare $17 grand laying around they don't need 8O :roll: :B .

                  John

                  Comment

                  • draganm
                    Senior Member
                    • Jul 2005
                    • 299

                    #10
                    Originally posted by JBJR
                    Hey Drag, I'm half way there :W ! Got two 9500's now, just need Blendzilla and I'm set :T :B !John
                    i'm guessing you got he last 2 from guv. liq.? How did those turn out, most pof those PJ's are pretty run-down . Did you get the desirable lenses on them or HD10L's?

                    Comment

                    • JBJR
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 10

                      #11
                      Originally posted by draganm
                      i'm guessing you got he last 2 from guv. liq.? How did those turn out, most pof those PJ's are pretty run-down . Did you get the desirable lenses on them or HD10L's?
                      Nope, that wasn't me, I didn't get those two .
                      I aquired mine over a six month period. I may now be getting my hands on some 8500 ultras :T :B . Switch the 8" tubes out with my 9"ers and I'm set :W 8) .

                      Those 8" ultras come with the GT=17 lenses :B !

                      Comment

                      • draganm
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2005
                        • 299

                        #12
                        Originally posted by JBJR
                        I may now be getting my hands on some 8500 ultras :T :B . Switch the 8" tubes out with my 9"ers and I'm set :W 8) .
                        Those 8" ultras come with the GT=17 lenses :B !
                        Those GT17's are a thing if beauty, I think the majority of the price difference to an LC machine (new) has to be the optics. I had an 8500LC a couple of months ago with GT17's and the focus was the sharpest I've seen from an 8" machine, just fantastic. If I had the cash avaialble right now I would be snatching up those used 9" tubes from Eddie on flea-bay. Putting them into an 8500 Ultra chassis is the "very smart" thing to do.

                        Comment

                        • JBJR
                          Junior Member
                          • Jul 2004
                          • 10

                          #13
                          Yeah, he is dumping them at a good price. At the moment I don't need any though, have enough of my own.

                          Comment

                          Related Topics

                          Collapse

                          • audiofreak7
                            HOLY Fricking Crap Batman!!!
                            by audiofreak7
                            Greetings all,
                            Its no doubt that B&W speakers are among the best out there, but it always surprises me as to how much some of you will spend on your systems. I'm not knocking anyone, cuz hey........if its your passion and you have the $ , then by all means go for it. I guess I'm just...
                            05 December 2005, 22:59 Monday
                          • Blaine
                            my dirty crap
                            by Blaine
                            OK I feel like maybe there might be someone else out there who might benefit from seeing dirty crap projects, instead of the immaculate magnificence we have all become accustomed to on this forum, so I am posting pictures of my dirty crap if I can figure out how. I am also not going to clean up said...
                            07 May 2010, 05:52 Friday
                          • ruseriousclark
                            HOLY CRAP!!! My wife gave me the green light (Please read and bring suggestions)
                            by ruseriousclark
                            Its a good day my friends!

                            For those of you with spouses, who do not share your love for music and superior sound, you know exactly how huge the following scenerio is.

                            We are in the construction phase of building our new home and after much discussion she has conceded to...
                            28 April 2007, 17:37 Saturday
                          • Jim Holtz
                            Curt Campbell lifetime achievement award recipient!
                            by Jim Holtz




                            There hasn’t been much posted about this so I thought many of you would be interested. Curt Campbell received a lifetime achievement award for his contributions to DIY audio and his help and mentoring of new DIY speaker builders. Meniscus Audio presented this well-deserved...
                            18 October 2021, 15:53 Monday
                          • kgveteran
                            Curt C in PE current PE flyer
                            by kgveteran
                            Was that a current pic of Curt Campbell in the recent flyer for PE ? I pictured this salty old gray haired audio guy. Nice pic Curt.Good to put a face with a name !

                            I'm not sure if you followed the RS center thread, but i've upgraded my sysytem and pulled out the PEQ's.No need for...
                            11 June 2007, 08:13 Monday
                          • Loading...
                          • No more items.
                          Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"