X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • APB9
    • Apr 2005

Projector for BIG visuals...

Hello there,

I've been doing live visuals for bands and club night for a while and now but have only been using quite a small project of my own, I have a gig coming up for which I am going to hire a projector and I was looking for advice on the sort of power I would be needing, I have a 6 meter wide screen to project onto and the projector will be about 10 to 12 meters away, and I want a really bright image to light up the room and be really powerfull, if anyone can help me with advice on the kind of projector I would need for this kind of work I would be very greatfull...

Thanks for your time

Andrew Brooks
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

6 METERS wide?

You'll need some power. Look into renting a Christie Roadster with 10,000 or more lumens. They are big 3 chip DLPs meant for touring and large venue environments just like you are describing.

You'll need a lens with a 1.6:1 or 2:1 throw or so. Barco also makes some units that would work well. Most big venue equipment rental houses should have some of these.

I gather you're in Europe since you talk in meters.

BB

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Holy crap, yeah, you'll need a VERY special projector to not only project a viewable 6 meter image, but make it bright as well.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"