X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLA
    • Mar 2005

New Newbie made a purchase

Well without going into all the details I just bought a new Mitsubishi 55" WS-55315. I paid $1900 out the door this includes delivery (this Sat. yippy!!!!) and a 5 year full replacable warrenty, no matter what goes wrong they fix it or replace the set with a new one or newer model, with multiple replacements, no 1 bulb 1 time thing ( I really grilled them on this. I know it's not the best set, but I really wanted a big screen and it seemed a good deal, the set was actually $1396.00 + tx, but the warrenty is what I liked too. So I am just asking when it's delivered what can you videophiles tell me I should expect. I saw something about an avio DVD? whats that, and of course did I do good.

Thanks in advance for all your imput.

DLA
    If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
    DLA Songs
  • DLA
    • Mar 2005

Well I've been reading a lot of info here...you guys and gals sure help when it comes to info ...so 2 questions more...I see people say remove the screen is this the diamond , plastic one attached to the front your speaking of...I have no kids just me...And I guess a 3rd ?...can i get these avio or vVE DVD's at like Best Buy or places like that...

Thank you again in advance for any help.
    If you like loud bass, check out my songs.
    DLA Songs

Comment

• Neal_C
      • Feb 2003

I see you posted this in two places, and I replied in the other. Mods may want to remove your other thread in AV Chalet.

So here is what I said:

Mitsubishi tv's are usually pretty good right out of the box. First thing you will want to do is make sure brightness and contrast are turned down to around 50%. I would recommend getting the AVIA dvd, it can help you tweak your set even more.

Probably the best thing you can do though is save about $500 over the next six months and get your set professionally calibrated. This will give your set time to break in, and then the calibration can get the best picture quality out of your set.

And yes, $1900 out the door with 5 year warranty is a pretty good price for that set.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

No bulb to worry about since its a 3 gun CRT set.

Having bought I Mits, I'd recommend the following:

Buy Avia
        Tweak your set with this.
        Expect regular cable to not look so good(it's blown up in this case and a case of Crap in, crap out).
        Tweak your convergence9both modes)
        Turn off VSM
        Turn down contrast/brightness
        Get HDTV ASAP Once you get it, then the regular cable issue is moot because you won't watch it
        Find a way to remove the protective shield. Removing it has made a huge difference on the 3 Mits's I've seen it done(including mine).
        Get a set of good component cables for your dvd player.
        Upgrade to progressive scan when you can.

I paid $1900 a year ago without the 5 yr including Tax so you did fine. I think my set was the set above that but still no 5 yr warranty on my part.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"