X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • q5485
    • Dec 2004

Advice needed on ceiling mountable projectors

I am interested in buying a digital projector (preferably DLP) for watching DVDs (and hopefully, blue rays in the future). The projector will be mounted on the ceiling. The screen is drop-down, motorized, 120" by 60", and has a matte finish.

The room can be easily darkened (I had aluminium shades installed outside slider doors) so a lot of lumens is not a necessity. I was told DLP is much better than LCD for watching fast action movies as color does not bleed.
    I have no experience with LCOS or DILA based projectors and would appreciate any advice on that. I am willing to say that I am not constrained by a budget at the moment. I intend to get hi-def service (through voom.com) and would watch hi-def and dvds most of the time. I would like the projector to have component video, and DVI inputs.

Any recommendations on the projector I should get? I have heard of Sony Qualia but is it worth it?

Any recommendations on the DVD player and receiver would also be welcome.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"