X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CODYAARON2
    • Nov 2004

Looking to buy a new Widescreen 50" Which one

If you had around $3,000 which TV would you get and why. I'm looking for a good TV for both regular TV and DVD viewing. Something like a 42" - 50". I have been looking at the Samsung 50" DLP but what about the RPTV's. I'm not sure about these due to the fact that you have to spend another $500 to have the TV calabrated from what I have read in other forums. But they say that once it has been calabrated by a pro the picture quality is better than the DLP. Is this true and is it worth getting a RPTV and then spending another $500 to have it calabrated by a pro.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    God Bless
    Last edited by CODYAARON2; 30 November 2004, 16:06 Tuesday.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Larry, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

Let's bump this up. It's an interesting question and I'd like to see some viewpoints myself as our "family" TV (36" 4:3 tube) is getting long in the tooth and we'll most likely have to replace it in the next 6 months or so.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"