X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Polls

Any thought on adding the functionality of polls to the guide? Might be a usefull tool..

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
    Jason
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hey, a poll on polls! :alol: I think they are a useful option to have around, especially for quickly collating views on things.

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Mats
      Special Member
      • Jun 2000

When the problem regarding moving the servers is solved I will look into this issue...

Mats
      HTGuide
      Mats
      Mats Strömberg
      Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!
      Navin R Johnson (alias Steve Martin)

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Cool

Hey Mats, can you have a look at the last post I made in this thread:http://www.htguide.com/CFBoards/inde...artRow=1&CFB=1

When are you planning the server switchover for?

Jason

Need a new display? Questions about new display technologies? Visit RPTVs, plasmas, and other monitors @ HTguide
        Jason

Comment

• Mats
          Special Member
          • Jun 2000

Jason... I did read you post earlier and it just proves once again that windoze is a pain in the famous a$$... Still it seems to hit the DLINK rounters mostly. I'm using CISCO and ZyWALL on different locations here and have no problem. Also received reports from both US and Canada from users with SYSLINK toys that don't have any problems either. Not really sure why DLINK gets hit this bad by Windoze wierd caching of IP information.

I do know that the DNS server setup made by the provider I have had temporary (unfortunately still have) is screwed up but this only shows up as a problem at some locations and works OK on others.
          This have to be fixed though and I plan to move the servers to my home to get full control over both DNS and Firewall setup, plus easier to add some more new great features to HTGuide. I hope this can take place real soon. I will announce the event in advance so everyone is aware of the (hopefully) short shutdown during the transfer.

Mats
          HTGuide
          Mats
          Mats Strömberg
          Ah! It's a profit deal! Takes the pressure off! Get your weight guessed right here! Only a buck! Actual live weight guessing! Take a chance and win some crap!

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hey Mats 'n Jason, FWIW, at the Houston house I have a LinkSys router installed and have had no problems accessing HTG using it.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

I was thinking about buying a Linksys, but think I'll stick with the D-Link ( even though it won't work with The Guide) until after Mats does the switchover, which i hope is soon because my wife is getting pissed about having to use my computer anytime she wants to use the internet. Up here the Linksys is close to $90.CDN for a 4 port model. I paid half that for the D-Link, which worked great until HT Guide did the switchover, and don't want to put out more money for the Linksys if the D-Link will still do the job after Mats does the swtch.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Mats
                Special Member
                • Jun 2000

Hey George... stop nagging It's just to re-install Windows :LOL: Only backdraw is ofcourse you loose all your Babe'aloos But we have Trevor for re-creating your archive
                I hope I can get this fixed... I have a search team out for this provider guy.... Had to hire Freddy Krüger though to lead the team

Mats
                HTGuide
                Mats
                Mats Strömberg

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Funny thing is that it's not working again :twisted: So apparently re-formatting doesn't do a blinking thing. Lord know why it worked for that one day:!: :?:

Jason

Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"