X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

The Matrix-Reloaded Coming Tomorrow!

Yessiree, tomorrow is the day - The Matrix - Reloaded comes out on DVD. Woohoo!
    arty: :hb arty: ;h arty:

David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I'm ready. 8)

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Eduardo
      Moderator emeritus
      • Jun 2002

Should I get it now or should I wait till after Matrix:roll:evolutions? I'm guessing they will have a box set soon after the 3rd movie is released. :huh:

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Ho hum -- a faux-kung fu, CGI-laden, mysticism-not-persuadin', pseudo sci-fi action/adventure spectacle is available on DVD. Fortunately, we can ignore "Star Wars: Episode One", since "The Matrix Reloaded" is coming Tuesday. What time does Best Buy open? I'll be there, credit card in hand. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
          • Jan 2002

That's unusual... I've had Matrix Reloaded for 4-5 days now. I believe I got it on Thursday of last week. Hmmm... probably was Friday because I just looked at my DeepDiscountDVD e-mail and it was shipped on the 7th... I don't think it would have gotten here in 2 days. $17.89

You guys can review a movie pretty good so I'll leave all that to you but I thought it was an above average film. I'll definitely watch it several times. Maybe a little heavy on the fight scenes. Cool computer animations for an ole hillbilly like me to see. Semi-wierd ending but no doubt it was a setup for Revolutions. Part 2 seemed to make Part 1 a little easier to understand for me.

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

BFD Comprehensive Setup Guide

Comment

• Uncle Clive
            Former Moderator
            • Jan 2002

I also got my copy last Thursday, watched it on Friday night, WOW! Speaker work-out guys, still prefer the first but it's worth it to collect.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
            CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Hmm does anyone elses have a green tint to it :?:

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Hmmm... I preordered this one through my Columbia House account. Looks like they don't ship early, because I not only don't have it yet, but haven't even gotten any E-mails that it's been shipped out. :evil: :evil:

I decided I have to buy this one now to watch many times before Revolutions comes out. I'm sure though I'll be buying the collector's set when they all 3 are released together, as I'm sure they will.

Andrew, I know the Wach brothers purposefully made the scenes inside the Matrix with a greenish tint to give it a "not-quite-real" look. But is the rest of the movie green for you too? (Did you buy the Hulk instead? )

CHRIS
                Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Chris I'm just having fun with ya...after the first one came out there were lots of people complaining about the green tint :roll:

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Green tint? What green tint? I didn't see no steenking green tint. :B

David - HTGuide flunky
                    Our "Theater"
                    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                      • Jan 2002

Oh my... I must have a problem with my new Denon 2900... reckon it's that red tint?

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                        • Sep 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
                        I didn't see no steenking green tint.
                        Maybe you have to take off your rose-colored glasses to see it. :>)

Best Buy has the "Matrix Reloaded" DVD for $14.99 and a "limited number" of copies (at least 350 per location according to a flyer posted in the store) include a "Bonus DVD" packaged inside the shrink wrap. The Bonus DVD includes a trailer for "Matrix Revolutions", a short feature from "The Aninatrix" and a number of items that were either DVD-ROM or "easter egg" content on the original "The Matrix" DVD.

Of course, the real reason to buy it is the movie. if you liked it, cool. This DVD will be a great addition to your collection. (If not, take a pass.) But be careful to get the version you really want (widescreen, of course). :>) The packaging for the so-called "Fullscreen" edition looks virtually identical to the packaging for the "Widescreen"; no obvious cover design differences including use of the same color for the background behind the lettering designating widescreen or fullscreen.

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• ht_addict
                          • Dec 2002

Now this DVD is why I sold my left nut to get my new Paradigm Studio(40,20,470v3) and Rotel 1095 setup. Its going to sound #%@^% awesome.

ht_addict

Comment

• DSGCobra
                            • Feb 2003

Picked it up this afternoon at Best Buy, didn't get any bonus disk with it though. Can't wait to get out of work to fire up the 1095, 1098, 1080, and my new Samsung DLP RP. Yes I am sorta biased to Rotel, too bad they don't make tv's.....

Comment

• ht_addict
                              • Dec 2002

Just got finished watching the movie. I can sum it up in one word. "AWESOME" both visual and audio. The whole house was a shaken. On a side note did anyone else notice that Persephone:leghumper:
                              forgot to Shave before slipping into that tight beige dress? Maybe thats why they covered up the rear?:LOL: Sorry for slipping into the gutter.

ht_addict

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2000

Did anyone else notice some "grain" in the dark grey scenes in Zione? I didn't see it anywhere else but any time there was a person in the foreground and a drak grey wall behind them I could see all sorts of grain in the "film". I'm curious to see what it looks like on my Wega but I'm afraid I won't notice it on such a small screen

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
                                  • Jan 2002

It didn't stick out to me Andrew but I wasn't really looking for it. I may watch it again tomorrow (or today) and I'll look for it on our 65".

SONNIE

Cedar Creek Cinema

DVD Collection

Comment

• Chris D
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Dec 2000

Dang it... Columbia House STILL hasn't shipped my copy! I pre-ordered it along with Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Special Edition with anamorphic widescreen--FINALLY) and A Christmas Story. The other two movies were released last week, so I assumed that they would all be shipped and arrive at my door today, or worst case, be shipped out today. But for some stupid reason Columbia House is saying that Christmas Vacation is out of stock already, so they're holding up my whole order till one comes in. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: That pisses me off. :wtf: I'm tempted to run out and buy a second copy just to have one now, but I don't want to get stuck with 2 copies.

CHRIS
                                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
                                      Moderator Emeritus
                                      • Aug 2000

After chatting with Burke - thanks for the tip, bud - I was looking for the Bonus DVD when I stopped at Best Buy on the way home. Finally found one after looking through 50 or so copies. Several fullscreen versions w/the extra DVD were prominently displayed (of course :roll

Didn't get a chance to watch the movie last night though, so I brought it to work with me and will start it at lunch.

David - HTGuide flunky
                                      Our "Theater"
                                      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Eduardo
                                        Moderator emeritus
                                        • Jun 2002

I picked it up with bonus DVD from Best Best. Can't wait till I get a chance to see it.

http://home.nc.rr.com/ejimenez

Comment

• Dean McManis
                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                          • May 2003

I picked this up Tuesday for $14.99 and I'm excited to watch it soon.
                                          But I'm going to wait until this weekend to share the viewing with friends.
                                          It's going to be a blast!

-Dean. 8)

Comment

• ht_addict
                                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Chris Dotur
                                            Dang it... Columbia House STILL hasn't shipped my copy! I pre-ordered it along with Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Special Edition with anamorphic widescreen--FINALLY) and A Christmas Story. The other two movies were released last week, so I assumed that they would all be shipped and arrive at my door today, or worst case, be shipped out today. But for some stupid reason Columbia House is saying that Christmas Vacation is out of stock already, so they're holding up my whole order till one comes in. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR...... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: That pisses me off. :wtf: I'm tempted to run out and buy a second copy just to have one now, but I don't want to get stuck with 2 copies.
                                            Chris your not the only one. I pre-ordered my copy and got a confirmation that it shipped Oct11. Still hasn't arrived. I ended up going to FS to get it. When it arrives from CH I'll take it back to FS for a refund, since I got it from CH for 50% off and it still counts to my membership.

ht_addict

Comment

• David Meek
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2000

Don't really have time to do a review now, but WOW! 8O Excellent, excellent PQ and soundtrack throughout. Clean vocals, continuous surround usage and lots o' deep bass. Yep, this DVD is a winner. :T

David - HTGuide flunky
                                              Our "Theater"
                                              Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Chris D
                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                • Dec 2000

Well, after my bickering, it did show up in the mail yesterday, 1 day after release. Not too bad, I suppose. Great DVD. Haven't made it through all the extras yet, but I like the MTV music awards bit... I only caught the last part of it during the actual awards show.

I still like the original Matrix better. But this one has its good parts too--all I'm gonna say here is that Revolutions better bring this one to a fantastic conclusion!

CHRIS
                                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"