X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

If you watch dvds....

Why not give us a little post here to let us know how you liked or disliked it. You don't have to write a big fancy review, just a few facts about the storyline, quality of pic and sound is usually what most of us look for.

There are so many dvds being released that it is impossible for two or three of us here to cover them all. And they don't have to be new blockbuster releases. They can be older titles that some of us may enjoy, or perhaps even a little independent film that we may have overlooked.

A few posts like this would sure up the activity here, and we will all benefit from that,

With thanks.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Here, here. One thing I'd add because it keeps me from posting sometimes. I certainly have different tastes than a lot of people here, well, pretty much we all do. Still, that shouldn't keep me from posting my view on a movie because it's fun sharing. In other words, don't be shy.

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Absolutely correct, Keith. I have strange tastes too that often tend toward the offbeat, or say the little film category. I have refrained from posting on these in the past but I think it would be good to do so in the future. I'll just mention that this film may not be for everyone.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Me too. I've avoided do reviews on some of my all-time favorites, like The Passion of Joan of Arc, Decalogue, even Charlie Chaplin movies because I figured they'd be too obscure. Now, I'll do short reviews on some of them.

Keith
        Keith

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Actually, I'd LIKE to hear about some of the more obscure DVD's. Often, if someone REALLY likes a movie, I'll go see it, knowing that someone enjoed something in it very much, and I may as well.

"Hi, I'm Chris, and I'm a movie-aholic. It started out just a DVD from the store once a month... then a few... then I joined Columbia House. Then I couldn't stop! I'd sneak in a DVD in my shopping basket at Wal Mart, or order one from Amazon in a late night spending binge... (sob)... HELP!"

"HI, CHRIS!......."

CHRIS
          Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Hi Chris! I'm a DVDholic and I don't want to stop! Buwahahaha!!! :heh:

Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, I'll be glad to post some reviews of DVDs. And it sounds like the more off-the-beaten-path the better. Eh? Tell you what - go to my DVD list in my sig and see if there are any in there y'all want reviewed and I'll put some quickies together. If you don't want to bother, heck, I'll just wing it.

David - HTGuide flunky
            Our "Theater"
            Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Okay, we've heard from some of the regulars here. ( Oh, poor Chris). Now let's see some reviews or comments on dvds from some of the other members. Everyone is welcome.

Oh, and Tex, anything you'd care to reveiw would be accepted with open arms from anyone around here. I thought I'd just throw that in in case you didn't already know how much we appreciate your talents.

My Homepage!
              My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Well George, in that case I just happened to have (yeah, right ) one lying around. Try this on for size:
                1. Dreamcatcher

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

Hey George, I thought you bought them all, no? :LOL:

good point. I don't post over here as much as I should. Just lately, I've not been posting to much.

Lex
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Hey, Tex, Dreamcatcher was going to be my mini review today. I made a comment in your thread.

My Homepage!
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

George,

I too have been guilty of not posting reviews for the last couple of months. I've been so caught up in some of the everyday issues of life that, I've neglected sharing some of my "points of view" regarding recent viewings.

I shall make a better effort as well.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2001

Hi, John, good to hear from you. Will look forward to your comments regarding various flicks.

My Homepage!
                        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"