Signs .. ? ? ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001
    • 7636

    #1

    Signs .. ? ? ?

    Is it really a film about an alien invasion and a man's loss of faith, or is it a mix of dreams and reality. I watched it last night and came away wondering what it was really all about. I will view it again, but does anyone have any thoughts on this film ?

    BTW, wifey and I loved that little girl.




    My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • David Meek
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000
    • 8934

    #2
    What? You want opinions? Good timing George, I got a fresh shipment in last Friday. :B

    I felt it was pretty straight-forward storytelling - at least for a M. Night Shyamalan picture. It's the tale of one family's reaction to the evidence of what might be an alien invasion, how they react to the invasion, and the re-affirmation of the existence of a "higher being" that watches over us.

    I liked it. We adored the daughter and Joaquin Phoenix, too.




    David - HTGuide flunky
    Our "Theater"
    Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

    .

    David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

    Comment

    • George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001
      • 7636

      #3
      Okay, maybe I was trying to see something deeper there. The little girl often refers to her dreams and that got me wondering. I was also thinking about M's other two films and how he liked to play with your head.




      My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

      Comment

      Related Topics

      Collapse

      • David Meek
        Upcoming DVD Releases - Updated March 20th
        by David Meek
        All right! :^x Check out some of the recently announced upcoming DVD releases. NOTE: Some titles may re-releases.

        MARCH
        Mar. 23, 2004 – Abraxas
        Mar. 23, 2004 – Air Devils
        Mar. 23, 2004 – Attack From Space
        Mar. 23, 2004 – Babyface Morgan
        Mar. 23,
        ...
        05 February 2003, 09:33 Wednesday
      • Lex
        What's with All the Re-releases?
        by Lex
        What's with all the re-releases?

        Are they giving us anamorphic editions? Special editions with more extras? Just a fruitless attempt to get yet more cash out of us?

        I'm curious. Sure, I've seen some rereleases with extras, but I wonder why the sudden what seems to me an...
        22 February 2004, 17:30 Sunday
      • George Bellefontaine
        Sudden Impact & Invasion USA
        by George Bellefontaine
        Sudden Impact, the fourth in the Dirty Harry series, co-stars the one time love of his life,Sandra Locke. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's about a rape victim (locke) getting revenge.Harry is brought in to help the local constabulary.Lots of violence. Good revamped sound track in DD5.1.Picture...
        26 November 2001, 12:34 Monday
      • Andrew Pratt
        Alien Directors Cut
        by Andrew Pratt
        A great Scott feature
        Director's Matchstick Men unveiled, classic sci-fi horror Alien rereleased
        By BRUCE KIRKLAND -- Toronto Sun
        Something old, something new: Sir Ridley Scott is doing double duty at the Toronto International Film Festival.

        Tonight, the English-born...
        05 September 2003, 10:37 Friday
      • David Meek
        AVP (Alien Vs. Predator) - A Review
        by David Meek


        MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violence, language, horror images, slime and gore.
        Runtime: 87 minutes


        Director/Writer:
        Paul W. S. Anderson (Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon, Soldier, Resident Evil)

        Cast:
        Sanaa Lathan - (Blade, The Wood, Love...
        16 August 2004, 09:41 Monday
      • Loading...
      • No more items.
      Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

        Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"