X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

3 Movie review !

Jersey Boys (BD) - I spun this on Blu Ray the other day and was happy I chose to watch it in BD format. The sound track on this movie is dynamic, exceptional and engaging. I'm always impressed with how good BD discs sound compared to DVD. This film by Clint Eastwood is about the rise and fall of Franki Valli and the four seasons. I very much enjoyed this because it's well done on the whole. There are a few aspects of this film I found a bit odd, such as when some of the characters look into the camera on occasion and do talking commentary. I don't find this was needed but it did not bother me too much. The other is the ending when the entire cast is dancing and singing in the street as the credits role similar to the ending of "Grease". Again, since I liked the film and the musical score this did not bother me too much, but others might find it a bit Cheesy. 8.5/ 10 for a great film! :T

Begin Again- If you liked the film "Once" you will likely like this film. It's about a man and woman meeting and deciding to produce new music together. Again, I watched this film in BD format and was happy I did. There's a lot of music in this film and it sounded outstanding in BD format. Keira Knightley plays the singer/ songwriter in this film and does a fine job in my opinion. I did have some issues with the ending but the music in this film is what it's all about and I was very entertained for that reason. 7.5/10 for a well done, entertaining hour and a half ! :T

Magic in the Moonlight - I spun this on DVD because the Blu ray version was not available at my video store. Once I started spinning this Woody Allen film, I was sad that I did not score the BD version because as usual with Woody Allen films, the visuals as filmed in the south of France were breathtaking and outstanding! Emma plays a 'medium' in this film that can apparently see ghosts and people in the after life and Colin Firth plays the Magician that goes to France to de-bunk her claims and prove her a fraud. Obviously, some sparks start to fly once they meet. Make no mistake about what I am about to say....this movie is ALL about Emma Stone. The story is fluffy and whimsical and the real reason why you should watch this film is to stare at the beautiful visuals of both Emma Stone, and the beautiful south of France. She is outstandingly beautiful in this film and the result is some serious eye candy! (Her eyes are mesmerizing!) As with all Woody Allen films, this film is in straight out, boring Mono audio wise so it's all about your center channel speaker here! If you want to see how good your TV can look, rent or buy this in BD format for the love of God!
    7/10 stars for an ok story, but the visuals make up for it! :T
    Dan Madden :T
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"