The Time Machine

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Lex
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Apr 2001
    • 27460

    #1

    The Time Machine

    First, it was a Walmart impulse buy.

    Second, it sat here opened but not watched for weeks.

    Third, I finally got around to watching a movie last night.

    Fourth, I popped it in the player.

    Fifth, not a bad movie! I will admit, the time machine took a few turns I didn't expect at all, and a few things came out of the ground I didn't really expect either, lol.

    But all in all, a fun flick with a rather surprising ending.

    DTS soundtrack didn't really impress me with it's overall quality of the recording. I guess it was ok. Maybe on a second viewing I will pay more attention to those details. First time through a movie, the visuals seem to take priority.

    :3: of :5: overall

    Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001
    • 7636

    #2
    Glad you like it, Lex. As for me, I just didn't feel it measured up to the original. Of course the cgi effects were better, and the sound should have been, but like you I found it wanting. I didn't buy. Rented instead as was glad I did.




    My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

    Comment

    • David Meek
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Aug 2000
      • 8934

      #3
      IIRC, I gave this one :3: out of :5: (actually, at the time, 6 out of 10) in my theatrical review. I liked it well enough, but that's about the extent of it, with an exception for Jeremy Iron's portrayal of the uber-Morlock. He gave it a good chilling sinister spin, eh?




      David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

      .

      David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

      Comment

      • George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001
        • 7636

        #4
        Jeremy Irons, yeah I'd have to agree with you on that, Tex.




        My Homepage!
        My Homepage!

        Comment

        • John Holmes
          Super Senior Member
          • Aug 2000
          • 2707

          #5
          I 've been on the wall about renting it but, I'll give it a spin now since you gentlemen have cleared it. :LOL:




          "I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

          Comment

          Related Topics

          Collapse

          • David Meek
            The Time Machine - A Review
            by David Meek
            The Time Machine - A Review 03/18/2002



            This film is a remake of H. G. Wells' book by the same name. In an interesting twist, the director is Simon Wells, grandson of H. G. Wells. Simon's earlier features were all animated films, ranging from An American Tail: Fievel Goes
            ...
            18 March 2002, 15:38 Monday
          • Chris D
            Popcorn Machine for Your Home Theater Lobby
            by Chris D
            This is certainly a staple of home theaters. What would a home movie theater experience be without popcorn? Up to now, I've always just used the microwave popcorn bags or small hot air popper. But with my theater project, I just had to buy an antique popcorn popper to put in my rec room/theater lobby....
            25 October 2003, 15:42 Saturday
          • wkhanna
            Oldboy is fresh, chilling, provoking & definitely not for everyone.
            by wkhanna
            As usual, & befitting my seemingly off-beat taste in cinema, I bring you a personal recommendation likely few will see & even fewer will come to share my enthusiasm of.

            I have been on a bit of a binge of late.

            Satisfying a deep emotional hunger stemming from what is...
            22 December 2014, 12:14 Monday
          • George Bellefontaine
            Lonely Hearts has some chilling moments
            by George Bellefontaine
            In the late 40s a man named Ray Hernandez and a woman named Martha Beck preyed on lonely women and killed them for their money. They became known as the lonely hearts killers. The film is directed by Todd Robinson, who just happens to be the grandson of the real life detective ( Elmer Robinson ) who...
            14 August 2007, 08:58 Tuesday
          • Mike B
            Popcorn Machine
            by Mike B
            Got us a popcorn machine. Whirly pops work good, but not as good as this thing. It makes some of the best corn we've ever had and it is a real bargain too. Gotta love overstocked Chinese stuff in a recession.



            I just had to add some DIY touch though, so's I built this...
            07 September 2009, 15:55 Monday
          • Loading...
          • No more items.
          Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

            Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"