X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Under the Skin (2014)

Here is the one-line synopsis for this sci-fi film from director Jonathan Glazer: "an alien inside a woman's body wanders around Scotland, during which time she kills a few men by enticing them into a trap using her sexual allure".

Why is the alien there? Why is she killing people? Who is her mysterious accomplice on the motorbike?

To answer these and other questions you'll have to see the film. Like me you may emerge with few answers, but it's a thought provoking experience nevertheless.

The alien/woman is played by Scarlett Johansson. I thought she did an extremely good job in the role. She also takes her clothes off, which for some of you chaps may make the film worthwhile, especially if you have no idea what it's about.

Nigel.
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by bigburner
    Here is the one-line synopsis for this sci-fi film from director Jonathan Glazer: "an alien inside a woman's body wanders around Scotland, during which time she kills a few men by enticing them into a trap using her sexual allure".

Why is the alien there? Why is she killing people? Who is her mysterious accomplice on the motorbike?

To answer these and other questions you'll have to see the film. Like me you may emerge with few answers, but it's a thought provoking experience nevertheless.

The alien/woman is played by Scarlett Johansson. I thought she did an extremely good job in the role. She also takes her clothes off, which for some of you chaps may make the film worthwhile, especially if you have no idea what it's about.

Nigel.
    You mean it's got a naked Scarlett and it's set in Scotland? (Looks at the 23 bottles of various single malts on the shelf, thinks about Scarlett...) Might be a blind buy for me (though, of course, not a blind viewing :T ).

More seriously, I was interested in this when it was released in theatres but did not get a chance to catch it. It may be fall before I get around to watching this (busy August coming up) but it's on my list. Always appreciative of thought-provoking cinema when I can find it, so good to know it's more than just an 'alien of the week/invasion" movie.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"