X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

"The Family" Review

Frankly, I just couldn't get my head into this movie It's supposed to be funny???.....hummm........I didn't laugh once. I spun this the first time and stopped it half way through because I was falling asleep. The next time I spun this disc, I started it again from the beginning and I pooped out once again. The next time (Last night), I started it from the middle and I must have pooped out once again because I don't remember the ending!.

So there it is.......I've got nothin' to say. It's due back at the video store today so I'll just pop it into the return slot and be done with it.

4/10 stars for a movie that some actually might get and somewhat like? :roll:
    Dan Madden :T
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Well now, if it's that bad, out of curiosity I just gotta give it a try.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

It's getting better reviews from francophone critics than anglo ones. Perhaps because it's a French product (despite the American cast)?

Comment

• madmac
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Ovation
        It's getting better reviews from francophone critics than anglo ones. Perhaps because it's a French product (despite the American cast)?
        Well that explains it then since I have never liked French humor. Despite the lack of humor, this film just didn't go in any meaningful direction that held me to it. Some might appreciate it more however.
        Dan Madden :T

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I watched it last night, and once I knew Luc Besson was connected ( he co-wrote the script and directed the film ) I knew this wasn't going to be the usual comedy fare. Though this is referred to as a comedy, it is more a piece of very dark humor. Although I felt the film faltered in places, overall I kind of enjoyed it. Hey, it's got Bobby De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones, so it has to have a little redeeming value now, doesn't it ? As for Michelle, I don't know how old she is, but she looks great.

I'd give it three and a half out of my usual five star ratings.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"