• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Man Of Steel on Blu ray.

Whats up everyone?
    I picked it up today and just got done watching it.
    I saw this in the theater and I enjoyed it. On Blu Ray it's pretty awesome.The sound quality is top notch. Nothing shy of a reference demo disc. Video quality is clean and clear, another top notch job well done.

As far as the movie goes, I was glad to see it again as I pick up a few things I missed. I like it more now. I gotta say this is a very well done movie from beginning to end. The first time around I didn't care for the Style of story telling constantly jumping around in time, flash backs etc. But Now that I watched it a second time, I can see how this makes a lot of sense. I still feel they could have easily made 2 movies out of this one but It's not as rushed as I once thought.

If you haven't seen it, it's time to.
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

It's on my Christmas list, so I'll be waiting a while for it. Saw it twice in the cinema, though, so I can wait a few more weeks. Looking forward to adding it to the collection.

Comment

• impala454
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2007

I really enjoyed it as well and may get it on bluray.

Saw the "honest" trailer this morning and thought it was pretty amusing (warning, spoilers)

[youtube]Sge5sUNJkiY[/youtube]
      -Chuck

Comment

• Dmantis
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jun 2004

It was pretty funny.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Oh my gosh, Chuck, that's hilarious.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• madmac
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2010

I spun "Man of Steel" yesterday and I must say, this movie is one helluva' piece of action film making!. Clocking in at 143 mins you would think the movie could become tiresome but NO WAY!!.......This film rocks from beginning to end and the 143 mins passes effortlessly. Great story...great effects.....rockem' sockem' picture and sound. The whole portrayal of the birth of superman on his devastated home planet to his upbringing, trails and tribulations during upbringing, and onto his revelation of who and why he exists is just super well done. For Marvel action fans, this one's a must see. One of the best action flicks I've seen in quite some time!.

8.5 / 10 stars for this one!!.
            Dan Madden :T

Comment

• alebonau
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

yes one I enjoyed as well recently on blu-ray. a very entertaining watch. liked the story line too going back to the roots of superman
              "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Dmantis
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jun 2004

I've watched it 3 times now and find myself liking it more each time. It's a very well done movie and as a long time Superman fan, I respect this version of the story.

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Watched it the other night and enjoyed it more than I thought I would based on reviews.

My biggest issue (beyond Cavill's somewhat wooden performance) was unfortunately Adams. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE her but she seems completely miscast as "tough news gal" Lois Lane IMO.

Otherwise it was a thoroughly enjoyable popcorn flick. Great action/visuals/sound/pacing.

8/10
                  Jason

Comment

• Ovation
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dmantis
                    I've watched it 3 times now and find myself liking it more each time. It's a very well done movie and as a long time Superman fan, I respect this version of the story.
                    I've watched it recently on Blu-ray, making it 3 for me as well and I concur. I find the "alien invasion/first contact" angle to the story a refreshing take on a story that is now 75 years old and has had so many different iterations. I'll probably watch it again soon (and the score is growing on me as well).

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

I had become tired of superhero movies and so had passed on Man Of Steel, but you guys have convinced me to either rent or buy it.
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                        I had become tired of superhero movies and so had passed on Man Of Steel, but you guys have convinced me to either rent or buy it.
                        Absolutely do it George!. This is the best super hero movie I've seen to date. This one is exceptional. Crank it up on your system as well!!.

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

George, I'm pretty sure we have another thread on this movie too. I thought this movie was so-so, and my thing is nowadays I'm just sick and tired of neverending "reboot" films. But I still think this one's worth a rental.
                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Jan 2001

Thanks Dan and Chris. Think I'll rent first then decide if I want to own it.
                            My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2001

Well, I watched this last night. Liked it more than I thought I would. But I have to be honest, one viewing was enough.
                              My Homepage!

Comment

• madmac
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                                Well, I watched this last night. Liked it more than I thought I would. But I have to be honest, one viewing was enough.
                                Glad you liked it George. Truthfully, one viewing is enough for 95% of films.

Comment

• aud19
                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2003

Yeah, doubt I'd buy but it was certainly worth the watch IMO.
                                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"