End of Watch (2012)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005
    • 2649

    #1

    End of Watch (2012)

    I spend many evenings escaping the American cop shows that my wife watches - CSI, NCIS, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Bones, etc. Once you've seen one episode you've seen them all.

    "End of Watch" is different. It restored my faith in American police dramas. It must have been good because the whole film is shot using the hand held camera technique and usually that style of filming makes me want to puke from sea sickness.

    I really liked the soundtrack too even though I didn't recognise a single song writer or artist when the credits rolled.

    If you enjoy gritty Police dramas and interesting music then I recommend that you give "End of Watch" a go.

    Nigel.
  • madmac
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 3122

    #2
    Originally posted by bigburner
    I spend many evenings escaping the American cop shows that my wife watches - CSI, NCIS, Cold Case, Criminal Minds, Bones, etc. Once you've seen one episode you've seen them all.

    "End of Watch" is different. It restored my faith in American police dramas. It must have been good because the whole film is shot using the hand held camera technique and usually that style of filming makes me want to puke from sea sickness.

    I really liked the soundtrack too even though I didn't recognise a single song writer or artist when the credits rolled.

    If you enjoy gritty Police dramas and interesting music then I recommend that you give "End of Watch" a go.

    Nigel.
    Yes Nigel, I agree there are too many cop shows out there. It's funny when you think about it. We're obsessed and enchanted with crime stuff until it of course, happens to us!!. Then it's like "We've got to put an end to this horrible crime problem" !!! .
    Dan Madden :T

    Comment

    Related Topics

    Collapse

    • Scarp
      Club Parasound F.A.Q. (Last Updated 21 Jan 2012)
      by Scarp
      Club Parasound F.A.Q.

      (New information will be italicized to be easily identified)


      1. Introduction

      This is our FAQ for Club Parasound. We intend to add more as it becomes available or when we have time to update it.

      Please feel free...
      22 December 2003, 14:51 Monday
    • madmac
      " Third Watch" Series review
      by madmac


      Third Watch

      After having just burned through season 8 of the series "Supernatural" which I thoroughly enjoyed, I've started spinning this 2001 series, "Third watch". This is basically a cop, firefighter, and paramedic series involving a pile of interesting...
      15 March 2015, 08:10 Sunday
    • Chris D
      "Looper" worth a watch
      by Chris D
      This sci-fi thriller is worth a watch. Set in 2044, time travel has been invented and outlawed even further into the future. Therefore, it's only used by crime mobs, illegally, as it's also impossible to get rid of a body in the future because of improved forensics. The mob in the future sends victims...
      28 January 2013, 01:57 Monday
    • bigburner
      Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
      by bigburner
      With Leonard Leonard Maltin’s advice "don't get your history from the movies" wringing in my ears I sat down to watch this film in a slightly sceptical state of mind. If you haven’t heard Zero Dark Thirty is a film about the mission to locate and capture/kill Osama bin Laden. I am pleased...
      26 March 2013, 05:30 Tuesday
    • Tieftoener
      SEC DIY 2012 Speaker Show - Mobile, AL - November 10th, 2012
      by Tieftoener
      After much debate with our busy fall schedule, SEC DIY 2012 date has been set!

      Do you live in "the south?" Come join us!

      Date: November 10th, 2012.
      Where: Daphne, Alabama (near Mobile)

      More info to follow; the website will be updated as things...
      15 August 2012, 01:03 Wednesday
    • Loading...
    • No more items.
    Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

      Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"