X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Red Dawn (2012)

Nah, didn't like it. This turned out to be just one more of SO MANY movie re-makes that I thought were unnecessary and so-so. Not like the original was a masterpiece or anything, but its time period, setting, story, and the way it was done evoked an emotional connection to the story back then. This one seemed much more of a "hypothetical" story, far-flung, with iffy plot devices like these communication suitcases. Acting was even worse than the first, and casting as well, I thought.

I did like how this time around, the guy that has the tracking device has it unknowingly impanted in him, instead of in the original how the kid deliberately swallowed it.

I had my hopes up enough to do a rental. Wish I had waited for a TV showing at best. :25: out out :5:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I've only been to two films that I wanted to walk out of at he cinema (in each case, I stuck around because I was everyone else's ride home). The Blair Witch Project was one (I still want those 81 mins. of my life back). The original Red Dawn is the other (was the worst film I'd ever seen, until Blair Witch came along). I could not fathom, for the life of me, that anyone would want to re-make that movie until I saw the trailer at the cinema. Just the preview indicated that I need not watch the film as it appeared it would be worse than the original (and, really, I had a hard time imagining that).

While you may not have detested the first version, as I did, since you found the re-make inferior, it only solidifies my choice to skip this altogether.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Hehehee... well, then glad I could help out with that! :T
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Yeah I couldn't stand the original and just wasn't going to take a chance of wasting my time with the remake.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

...Acting was even worse than the first...
          I had assumed such a thing was not possible. The pitch for the remake must have been "we can make a better grade of horse manure". Sounds like it still stinks. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"